• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM Detective #66 Rockford Pedigree SCAM

5 posts in this topic

There was an ebay auction for this puppy Detective #66 and I bid $1250 knowing I would be out bid on it well I was out bid by 1400 bucks, but this morning I got a second chance offer for it at $1250. Meanwhile there were 6 other bidders inbetween me and the high bidder! Something sounded REALLY after posting here and closer examination this did not come from the seller but a user who registered today Oct 30 5512nick, it appears he emailed all the under bidders with offers at their price for the book.

If you bid on this please do not contact him, contact ebay and the seller. I don't know if de-mented(the high bidder) and thespectre(the seller) is on the boards but if you are please let us know. I of course hate scams like this.

Joe

Thanks for the tip...

Also, a true ebay Second Chance Offer should show up in your ebay My Messages folder if it's legit. (Their message system is actually a feature ebay has improved quite nicely, IMO.)

Thanks for the tip...

Also, a true ebay Second Chance Offer should show up in your ebay My Messages folder if it's legit. (Their message system is actually a feature ebay has improved quite nicely, IMO.)

That is were it actually came to me from that is why the warning and now I have gotten a SECOND one for the same item. This one is properly formatted which make me more worrisome for the auction I actually won from this guy CDNP #53. I thought de-mented (the real winner of the auction) was a forum member too? I hope he would chime in something is really fishy here.