• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Angry CGC Calls - Knock it Off!
2 2

110 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 11:14 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I would say yes Shadroch.

In my experience, it is a recognised default mechanism for a front line employee, or group of employees, to blame their leadership or management once it becomes clear that they have no other course of action open to them when dealing with justified customer complaints. In my experience, if employees think that the company they work for has an indefensible position, or that their management 'don't care', then they start to blame them as they can't find any other way to justify what is going on. They get the customer on side by effectively agreeing with them and then making the customer feel sorry for them.

Some people need their jobs and are poorly paid. The management show no loyalty to them, so they feel justified in not showing it back. It's a hugely destructive pattern, and often manifests in companies who lose sight of their customers, usually because they see themselves as invincible in the marketplace. Banks in the UK are like this, and utility companies - their staff will often agree with you that the service they provide is poor. I even experienced it in my local supermarket this week. The Store Manager was more than happy to blame 'Head Office' for the failings in his store. Passing the buck upwards is a fairly common thing, I think. 

That doesn't sound like CGC though. I've met plenty of their employees and ex-employees and while it isn't like working at Maxim, I've never met a disgruntled employee. Somehow, even counting pages ten hours a day was fun.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:35 PM, shadroch said:

That doesn't sound like CGC though. I've met plenty of their employees and ex-employees and while it isn't like working at Maxim, I've never met a disgruntled employee. Somehow, even counting pages ten hours a day was fun.

I've had experience of some employees who were dissatisfied. Depends who you talk to I suppose.

I have had to call CGC twice in the last year.  (nothing to do with TATs) One of the reps I spoke with seemed a little stressed, but I mostly joked around and tried to make them feel comfortable as I know it is not there fault that things are so far behind, they aren't the reason why my copy of Generic Comics #1 didn't get a 9.8 and I have to complain about it on some Facebook/Instagram/Tik Tok posting.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:57 AM, toro said:

I have had to call CGC twice in the last year.  (nothing to do with TATs) One of the reps I spoke with seemed a little stressed, but I mostly joked around and tried to make them feel comfortable as I know it is not there fault that things are so far behind, they aren't the reason why my copy of Generic Comics #1 didn't get a 9.8 and I have to complain about it on some Facebook/Instagram/Tik Tok posting.

Its been 9 years, I have to know

Your username mean bull or tuna belly?

On 5/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, shadroch said:

Hi, I'm Johnny. Pleased to meet you...  :bigsmile:   

No excuse for treating anyone poorly. 

That said, if I were sensitive to angry customers I don't think I'd take a CS job for a company who is constantly screwing up. 

I wish her luck in her next choice of employment. 

On 5/9/2022 at 1:19 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I read the title to mean that CGC had been calling Cool Ghoul, getting angry with him, and he was wanting them to stop. 

"Stop sending us your books, Cool Ghoul. What's the matter with you!" :mad:

'Knock it off, CGC, with the angry calls please', I thought Cool Ghoul was saying. 

That would have been an interesting post. 

Instead, we got what we got. 

With all the above being said, I'd certainly agree that there just seems to be an edge to everyone all the time in our modern culture. People do not treat others respectfully, with patience, with dignity, as they'd like to be treated.

I don't have any answers for why that is, but I can see how it gets old.

Gender has little to nothing to do with it, though. People are mean to people. They might be mean differently depending on who they are dealing with, but that's it.

Stop sucking, people!

On 5/9/2022 at 12:42 PM, Courageous Cat said:

i wouldn't be too harsh on the poster, I'm just surprised he didn't mention race as well as this seems to reflect the woke culture as a whole.  Returning emails would be the least i could ask for if i had it my way, rather than ignoring them entirely, but hey! thats just me

Woke culture? Lame comment.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It's certainly not exclusive to these Boards, but there's a distressing trend toward massively lowered expectations on anyone meeting any kind of reasonable standard for performance at all, and then jumping on people who get upset about the growing dysfunction.  

This is not about CGC's performance. It's about not being an a** on the phone to employee trying to help.

Edited by Lord Gemini

Personally speaking, I have never considered being rude to CGC customer service since 1) they have always been great with me, 2) they do not control the TATs, and 3) if you are rude to them, they have all of your info and you just gave them the green light to delay the books even further. 

Edited by kimik