• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does a signature offset the purple label? Amazing Spider-Man #50

29 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 7:28 AM, Arr0w said:

I mean the case, label, signature and everything look identical, and it is the same exact CGC number.

Yes. That's why I asked. 

Only one of you has the book.  You or him. 

And he has 100% feedback after selling comics and other stuff worth $15K and $6K, etc. 

Anyway, if I were you, I'd ask the seller your questions.... not us. 

Or double check to make sure you actually have the book you pictured. 

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 5/11/2022 at 4:28 AM, Arr0w said:

Ok, THIS is really disturbing... I did not put it on Ebay, so what the heck is going on?? Is it possible that either mine or the one on Ebay is fake?? I mean the case, label, signature and everything look identical, and it is the same exact CGC number.

Everything is identical except the images used (which are clearly different than the one in your original post).  I don't use gocollect, but perhaps @Ed Hanes could tell you whether the eBay seller's images were copied from that site. That seller's account has been dormant/inactive for quite some time, and the ASM is the only item currently listed for sale.  I'd say that there's a good chance the account has been hijacked.  The bogus listing will be taken down if you contact eBay by phone to report the scam:foryou:

On 5/11/2022 at 5:53 AM, zzutak said:

Everything is identical except the images used (which are clearly different than the one in your original post).  I don't use gocollect, but perhaps @Ed Hanes could tell you whether the eBay seller's images were copied from that site. That seller's account has been dormant/inactive for quite some time, and the ASM is the only item currently listed for sale.  I'd say that there's a good chance the account has been hijacked.  The bogus listing will be taken down if you contact eBay by phone to report the scam:foryou:

Go Collect is a tracking service that only tracks sales from auction houses. If a slabbed sale happens on Ebay, then GoCollect documents it on their site, same with GPA comics. They don't actually monitor fruadulant sales..can't imagine they would even know.  But lots of fishy stuff happens on Ebay. This is the first time I have heard of a sale of an image stolen from a tracking company but doesn't surprise me. Those pics are different ..the case there looks a lot newer and has a shadow of the person taking the pic...so maybe it was stolen elsewhere..funny thing is..why try to sell a restored ASM 50 with stan lee signature when there are lots of non restored ones...me thinks this person on Ebay has no clue about comics 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 5/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, Arr0w said:

Which company did you use?

On 5/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, shadroch said:

Wouldn't you lose the signature series designation?

I used CCS and then to CGC for grading. My understanding, but would recommend confirming with CGC is that if you use CCS, they'll still keep the Sig Series designation.