• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 questions regarding pressing
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Will pressing a comic help at all with the color of the pages, or does it really effect the color ?

Can you get a comic pressed after its been autographed and or encapsulated ?

thanks in advance.

Actually, if you press something hard enough, it will compress the wavelengths of the light that can be reflected from the surface of the book, resulting in an overall blue-shift to the color scheme.

Naw, I just made all that up...

On 5/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, JD112868 said:

Will pressing a comic help at all with the color of the pages, or does it really effect the color ?

Can you get a comic pressed after its been autographed and or encapsulated ?

thanks in advance.

1. No.
  2. Generally, yes. However, if you have a Signature Series product, only CGC/CCS can press it and maintain the SS label.

There are some people out there who have a secret formula for assisting with improving page quality. I don't know what it is but it is not pressing....and I personally would never have it done but maybe there comes a day when page quality is a HUGE thing (recall pressing never was), and my mind may change.