• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No updates on submitted books

16 posts in this topic

Sent books in to be pressed and graded over a year ago. Package was delivered to CGC on 4/28/21, CCS finally pressed them on 1/5/22 and stated they sent them back to CGC the following week. No updates for over 4 months. I cant even track them on the site since its been so long. Has anyone else waited over a year? 

Dig around the boards, you’ll find this is common. If you have concerns, consider contacting customer service of cgc

but I would also say your Cgc grading clock starts when it got back from pressing.  Is it still within the time for your grading tier?

Count yourself lucky that the pressing was completed...I'm at one year waiting on CCS....and in fact, CGC removed the little information I did have with status after eight months...like my submission has timed out even by their standards. Now I just get a line that states "received with no further status" when it used to say @ CCS pressing with a date. I would cancel the process and have my books sent back to me for private pressing at this point if I could. It's ridiculous to have to wait over a year for such a service and a failure of CGC to not increase staffing to match the demand that clearly exists. Because they offer "express" services for a higher price...the base tier gets shoved to the back of the bus....which is creating alot of hard feelings to this business. If they were smarter, they would increase the base cost, get rid of "fast track", hire more staff to meet demand and improve sales / turnaround times across the board.

Edited by NumminzAK

On 5/15/2022 at 9:38 PM, revat said:

Dig around the boards, you’ll find this is common. If you have concerns, consider contacting customer service of cgc

but I would also say your Cgc grading clock starts when it got back from pressing.  Is it still within the time for your grading tier?

Definitely within the estimate and then some. CCS says they pressed them and now CGC says they didn't. CCS charged my credit card the first week of January, but had the books well before then so my response to CGC was why would they charge my credit card early January and then not press them for nearly half a year? 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:10 PM, NumminzAK said:

Count yourself lucky that the pressing was completed...I'm at one year waiting on CCS....and in fact, CGC removed the little information I did have with status after eight months...like my submission has timed out even by their standards. Now I just get a line that states "received with no further status" when it used to say @ CCS pressing with a date. I would cancel the process and have my books sent back to me for private pressing at this point if I could. It's ridiculous to have to wait over a year for such a service and a failure of CGC to not increase staffing to match the demand that clearly exists. Because they offer "express" services for a higher price...the base tier gets shoved to the back of the bus....which is creating alot of hard feelings to this business. If they were smarter, they would increase the base cost, get rid of "fast track", hire more staff to meet demand and improve sales / turnaround times across the board.

Now im not so sure. CCS says they pressed them and now CGC says they didn't. Now I'm not sure who to believe. CCS charged my credit card the first week of January, but had the books well before then so my response to CGC was why would they charge my credit card early January and then not press them for nearly half a year? Did they charge your credit card as well? I can no longer track my items either and the way things are going it could take 2 freaking years, what a joke. I agree, from here on out have someone else press them. They should also be offering partial credits for people waiting over a year. 

At time the books were delivered, the pressing times were 140-160 days so a year would be about double that. I think it was reasonable to expect the books in a year or less. I'm on 13 months now and it sounds like the books haven't even been pressed yet. There's no way that can be justified

What tier did you submit?  Modern or Economy?  I am one moth away from my Modern CCS+CCG one year anniversary.  It took 8 months to receive and press, but now back to received, but with no line item info.

I submitted a fast track Modern CCS  Mid Oct, I received it back last week. 7 months for Fast track economy.   I have multiple non fast track submissions sent Oct 2021.

Just know this 2-3 times a week when you get those CGC signing event emails that each one of them will jump ahead of you in line for pressing and grading.  Due to that nonsense and complete absence of quality control I've not sent in anything since Nov 2021 and frankly may never again. I'm a collector, I do not sell comics, and was submitting only for 'fun" I did send CGC a decent amount (generally $1500-$2500 per year worth) of submissions since 2000, but it's now perfectly clear CGC does not need or want business from those like me.  Blackstone certainly does not care as by the time the next lean time for CGC arrives they will have long since sold them off.

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, Roosterbread said:

Found these guys, anybody know anything about them? They seem to offer the same service ie sending books to be graded after pressing.

https://averycomicpressing.com/howto/

Have books with him right now. He is currently pressing books received in Mid December so he is very much in demand.