• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My OA From Bernie

14 posts in this topic

Great OA Stronguy and Nikos. Is Bernie still doing these new at shows or are these older pieces he brings with him? I ask because I remember seeing a post that stated something about him having a problem with his hands, maybe the start of arthritis?

I talked to bernie back in febuart at a dallas show. I asked him for a quickie sketch I said I would pay well he told me thank you but he couldn't. I think If you brought pencils for him to use and some nice paper for him to do it on and asked nicely and paid well like 50 and up he would do one for you. He seems like a nice and reasonable guy.

Berni told me he just doesn't do sketches at cons. His hands bother him. He was doing some at a con back in 2001 (I think) and sprained his hand. After that he decided to not do them.

The sketches I got were from his pre-done stuff. He had about 5 binders of stuff there. Prices ranged from $5,000 to $50. That vampire sketch cost $150. The demon was $125.

thanks for all of the info guys...wrightson's art is just fantastic.

i am saving up and waiting patiently for a piece of his artwork, hopefully something from DC horror (HoM, HoS etc.) which is my favorite era/genre...

he is the one artist that people (not comic people) remember when i show them my comic book collection...

Hello Folks!

Some terrific Wrightson drawings in this thread!!

I hope it isn't regarded as too inappropriate or rude, to mention that I am currently staging an eBay auction featuring a really choice 'House Of Mystery' story page by Wrightson. From what I would regard as the "classic" Wrightson period: the early 1970's.. '72, to be exact.

I wish I owned the page, myself. I'm staging the auction on behalf of artist Sandy Plunkett.. So if any of you big spenders are out there? HERE's your chance!

The web address for the current auction, is: http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com/7wwdt

Thanks!

-- Rich

when Bernie did that sketch for me - actually, it was for Donut's National auction on behalf of ACTOR - his hands didn't seem to bother him.

but that might be because he holds the pen like a pallette knife, if there are any painters here. at a small angle, held in between the thumb and the first three fingers of his right hand.

and he works fast. the conceit with Donut's auction is that the artist gets three minutes, but i would bet Bernie could have completed the sketch in about thirty seconds if he had felt like it.

and he had a couple porfolios of artwork, from $200 to $4k at the show i attended.

can't say enough about how nice the guy is. completely down to earth, and genuinely happy to autograph anything you had for him