• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Added a (small) grail! Avengers #1…
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2022 at 7:44 PM, SkoBuffs99 said:

Hi all,

A quick post to share my newest addition to my collection and one that I’m extremely excited about! Although it isn’t much, it’s a major milestone for me. It is page #1 from Avengers #1!

The Avengers have always been a big part of my childhood along with Iron Man and Captain America, mostly because of the movies but as I’ve gotten older, the history lover in me has become more interested and familiar with the comic origins of my favorite Marvel heroes. I know there are differing opinions in regards to single pages but after buying two pages from Cap #5 and finding an alternate way to obtain historical comics that were otherwise unobtainable for me, I began to view single pages differently myself. Thus Avengers #1 came to mind as one of my all-time favorite issues and a top silver-age issue if not my favorite and I set out in search of history!

So, I’m excited to share here that I’ve added the marquee page from that landmark #1 issue in 1963! With complete issues even in the lowest grade, well out of reach for me, this page allows me a unique opportunity. Even cooler is the documentation which the page carries from its original owner stating in writing that it was most likely purchased in Chicago, Illinois on July 3, 1963 upon release! To me that elevates the history of this particular piece to another level of cool!

Without further delay I give you The Coming of The Avengers!

B5EA33FF-6A4A-444E-884F-1F1391AB6218.jpeg

EDA8BF6F-44F5-47C7-903D-B53F1A019D97.jpeg

You getting that bad boy slabbed?  Beautiful looking single page.  Love the notations and old abbreviation for Illinois !

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 5/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, Chicago Boy said:

You getting that bad boy slabbed?  Beautiful looking single page.  Love the notations and old abbreviation for Illinois !

Definitely thinking about it! It would display great! I really enjoyed all of the notations as well, it makes the page a bit more unique and gives it a bit of documented history!