• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Items at Heritage weekly auctions, including many from my friend Bruce's collection as he battles ALS

40 posts in this topic

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/splash-pages/seth-fisher-green-lantern-willworld-splash-page-44-original-art-dc-2001-/a/322223-47057.s?ic2=myconsignmentspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyConsignment-112816

this one ends wed night - seth fisher splash page from Grenn Lantern Willworld

I know of a slightly better splash page for sale currently at $3K, this is now $130

Edited by Economy Joe

and then this one, truly one of the gems of my collection but it was hanging in the far corner (way far from the light) and no one cared but me, so I figured it was a good time to let it go

26032246%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/comic-strip-art/winsor-mccay-uncle-sam-and-president-roosevelt-editorial-comics-panel-original-art-new-york/a/7274-93097.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-MyConsignment-112816

three hours left! only $372 after BP!

dodged a bullet, was fair warning at $400!!! hammer 850, 1020 after BP

not a great result but they tend to even out in the end

Edited by Economy Joe

Bruce is letting me sell his comic collection for him. I have 1/3rd of it and started listing stuff in the mixed ages thread last week. And then today he had severe breathing issues and is in the hospital. It looks like the 9th inning here, hoping for extra innings should he be well enough to enjoy them.

The thing is, I messaged him almost daily this week about his collection, what a joy to get to know a friend like this. 30K books in all, he read everything. I hope to talk to him again about his books and life. ALS is vicious and horrible.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Economy Joe said:

Bruce is letting me sell his comic collection for him. I have 1/3rd of it and started listing stuff in the mixed ages thread last week. And then today he had severe breathing issues and is in the hospital. It looks like the 9th inning here, hoping for extra innings should he be well enough to enjoy them.

The thing is, I messaged him almost daily this week about his collection, what a joy to get to know a friend like this. 30K books in all, he read everything. I hope to talk to him again about his books and life. ALS is vicious and horrible.

If I can help you with inventorying/scanning/shipping any of his collection so you can spend more time with Bruce, hit me up.

He's gone.

It is so wrong.

He fought until the end. I am so proud of him and so in awe of his strength.

Once he was diagnosed he didn't take visitors but we would talk and text. Then when he decided to sell his stuff I started making the 90 minute trek to Hammonton NJ of all places. Now that I have had about 3K of his comics and about 8K more to come I have realized how I am getting to know him even better by seeing what he read. Everything, nothing held back. It is a great gift he gave me.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, Economy Joe said:

He's gone.

It is so wrong.

He fought until the end. I am so proud of him and so in awe of his strength.

Once he was diagnosed he didn't take visitors but we would talk and text. Then when he decided to sell his stuff I started making the 90 minute trek to Hammonton NJ of all places. Now that I have had about 3K of his comics and about 8K more to come I have realized how I am getting to know him even better by seeing what he read. Everything, nothing held back. It is a great gift he gave me.

I’m sorry to read about the loss of your friend Bruce. It was nice to read that you got to share quality time with him at the end. My condolences.