• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are any posters/collectors under 25 - asking to determine the trajectory of the hobby
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 9:23 PM, zosocane said:

I took my kids to Pink's Hot Dogs in LA during Spring Break and I just noticed that Golden Apple Comics is around the corner on Melrose.  doh!  But next time i will know and visit.

That entire neighborhood is fantastic — so many great food options, and it’s a short drive to the Farmer’s Market and some of the best food in L.A. 

Even when I was 10-15 years old and was collecting at a pretty rabid rate, I only knew about 2 other people that were into comic books like I was and maybe 2 others that were occasional buyers and one guy that only collected MAD magazine. We never traded any books, but we did talk about the stories and were quite shocked by the death of Gwen Stacy and Green Goblin story line and discussed it at length on more than one occasion with these fellow collectors if I remember right. We had no comic book specialty stores back then and there were no conventions that we know of going on near us. I think I was 20 (in 1980) when I visited a comic bookstore for the first time which was located 50 miles from me in Indianapolis. Things have sure come a long way since those days and no doubt more people have been exposed to the hobby as it has become more mainstream to a level that is quite astonishing to me when compared to what was available and what was going on when I was growing up.  

On 5/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, gunsmokin said:

I’m 56 with kids ranging from 11 to 25 and sadly none of them have caught the collecting bug although they love going to the Marvel/DC movies with me. I keep waiting for all the golden age collectors to die off so I can afford them again.:jokealert:

but is it? :highfive:

asking for a friend

I’m 44 and hoping my kids aged 6 and 9 get into it for no other reason than reading is good for you and sparks the imagination. 

today I took them to the LCS where they absolutely love going. I picked up a couple of Carnage Moderns, my 9 year old a Stranger Things graphic novel and my 5 year old some Pokémon cards. 
We all left thoroughly happy and can’t wait to go back !