• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Aquaman DCEU #1 all-time thread
2 2

34 posts in this topic

If the 'Wonder Woman all the time' thread can be on the front page since 2007....

I mean I feel like Red Buttons....And Aquaman never got a dinner or a thread !!!

The media says WW is awesome.  But they lie.  She is great.  But she's nowhere near Aquaman's popularity.

I saw that per the Heard/Depp trial Aquaman was the #1 DC movie?  lol How the BLEEP did that happen?? lollol 

I wouldn't too much stock into Aquaman suddenly becoming a big star. 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:01 PM, D84 said:

1) Aquaman didn't have a cover appearance until the silver age.

2) Aquaman talks to fish, so unless you are out of tuna, he's useless.

Yeah but he literally talks to fish AND he can swim.

Not taking a side, but (sea)food for thought here:

You would most likely never see the kind of knocks directed at  Aquaman leveled at  Namor and they are more or less the "same" (using loosely) character of their respected universes (King of an undersea empire, half Atlantean,  half human, etc)

That said, Aquaman is the more high profile name of the two outside of the 'comic knowledgeable' in crowd and has been for decades. Poll non comic readers you will get more who have heard of Aquaman than Namor (as it stand now). Whether you heard of him by joke, have some vague memories of him riding shotgun in the invisible jet, remember a mego toy, tee shirt image, whatever. 

Folks are clamoring for a Namor MCU introduction to introduce him to the masses. Aquaman has been there and done that. 

Say what you will, he's no DC big 3, or Marvel legend, but he's carved out his own respectable place in the pop culture. 

Not saying any of this makes More Fun 73 a top 10 ga book. But just saying...

:fear:

*had to edit this (: phone posting sucks 

Edited by sagii

On 5/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, D84 said:

1) Aquaman didn't have a cover appearance until the silver age.

2) Aquaman talks to fish, so unless you are out of tuna, he's useless.

And, let's not forget:

Batman talks to Robin, so unless you are out of birds, he's useless.

Batman talks to Joker, so unless you are out of playing cards, he's useless.

Batman talks to Penguin, so unless you are out of flightless birds, he's useless.

Useless, useless Batman.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:02 PM, MusterMark said:

And, let's not forget:

Batman talks to Penguin, so unless you are out of flightless birds, he's useless.

Useless, useless Batman.

Huh?

Apparently you are smoking the good stuff because I have no clue what you are saying.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:24 PM, D84 said:
On 5/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, MusterMark said:

And, let's not forget:

Useless, useless Batman.

Huh?

Apparently you are smoking the good stuff because I have no clue what you are saying.

Haha, now that is funny!  :devil:

On 5/20/2022 at 12:50 AM, ChillMan said:

The media says WW is awesome.  But they lie.  She is great.  But she's nowhere near Aquaman's popularity.

I'm sure you are well aware that Batman and Superman are the only two DC Characters that individually license over $100 million in merchandise a year (Batman close to half a billion, Superman about half that amount). While Wonder Woman is a distant third, she destroys the rest of the DC Universe and is ranked above Teen Titans, Justice League, and DC Super Hero Girls, which are next on their rankings and she is the only other DC Comics property that Warnermedia lists individually on their sales charts. 

Aquaman may be popular, but he is still light years behind the trinity.

The general public has some idea of Aquaman because of the Superman/Batman/Aquaman Hour cartoons from the sixties that were reran to death during the seventies and early eighties. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:57 AM, Larryw7 said:

The general public has some idea of Aquaman because of the Superman/Batman/Aquaman Hour cartoons from the sixties that were reran to death during the seventies and early eighties. 

I remember watching it as a kid and I have to say of all the times me and my friends played "superheroes" I cannot recall a single time someone want to be Aquaman