• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else getting an error for request
1 1

15 posts in this topic

So I’ve been trying to add this book for over week (nothing big), however when I first added it into my collection it went through the usual process of sending to admin for approval, it was accepted on 5/13. The item never showed up in either set, and I’ve been getting the same error message ever since when I try to add the comic. 🤷‍♂️
Any help would be appreciated greatly, Thank You. @wytshus :foryou:

948DE453-7E57-4E3D-94AD-7DB637E51EC2.jpeg

06E951E2-5B24-4DAB-862F-06AC5931185B.jpeg

499AAE8B-10A2-401D-A2CD-A172E2ED2A21.jpeg

EDA0FAF3-A493-42B1-8FBF-A8EE41D3AF4C.jpeg

5578FE3B-F2D2-46E8-828B-46A824B1CD87.png

224918B7-CABC-4819-8669-0210C0C812B6.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Brian

Still trying to add, and still getting the same error after almost 2 weeks after being accepted by admin.  :frustrated:

Edited by nepatkm

On 5/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, nepatkm said:

Still trying to add, and still getting the same error after 2 weeks. :cool:
:frustrated:

I have not had a problem at all so I wonder if there was a problem when the book was added @wytshus

I've had books added, I've had owned by others transferred to me now that I own it more recently.

I havent had a problem so idk. It's been a minute since I had a book added I think though, freshly to then add my cert so idk

@ADAMANTIUM thanks for the response.  Im used to the wait time on the first book in census, and transfers. This book was accepted by admins, and never showed up in my registry (s), which usually one shows up, then have to add to the other and wait again. I’ve just been getting the error message on this book since it was accepted. I’ve never been through this before, Just making me wonder what is going on. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by nepatkm

On 5/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, nepatkm said:

@ADAMANTIUM thanks for the response.  Im used to the wait time on the first book in census, and transfers. This book was accepted by admins, and never showed up in my registry (s), which usually one shows up, then have to add to the other and wait again. I’ve just been getting the error message on this book since it was accepted. I’ve never been through this before, Just making me wonder what is going on. 🤷‍♂️

Ya it's new to me too.

I think the tag in the 1st post wasnt working either FWIW, so hopefully my tag worked. I wondered if the tag was part of it, but your tag worked for me so idk, it's hard to wait sometimes I know.

Sorry I didn't respond. I saw your 1st post the other day, but you had tagged and it appeared highlighted, so I figured that the registry guy Brian would help idk

On 5/26/2022 at 9:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya it's new to me too.

I think the tag in the 1st post wasnt working either FWIW, so hopefully my tag worked. I wondered if the tag was part of it, but your tag worked for me so idk, it's hard to wait sometimes I know.

Sorry I didn't respond. I saw your 1st post the other day, but you had tagged and it appeared highlighted, so I figured that the registry guy Brian would help idk

Thanks, it doesn’t matter, getting low points lately on these book, just trying to get them in registry. Doesn’t matter much to me except quick reference to what books I may need. Personal satisfaction only. 👍

On 5/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, nepatkm said:

Just tried again, and …. Error …😆

131E8A09-0FF4-4923-B9AC-1DF61459C80F.jpeg

They've fallen behind on emails, but check your spam? Just incase the email was sent to you too? Or it hopefully gives a reason 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They've fallen behind on emails, but check your spam? Just incase the email was sent to you too? Or it hopefully gives a reason 

Nothing from CGC in spam, but I supposedly have won a lot of gift cards, and money. 👻

Also a ton of new threads from across the street. 😆

Thanks for your concern @ADAMANTIUM

It appears just another book that will not be added to the registry. 🤷‍♂️

Hello @nepatkm

I apologize for missing this post.  The issue seems to be with the title.  

There is a slot in Punisher (Complete) :

image.png

Notice there isn't a space between the r and the m.....

A search for Punisher Max returns no results. =/

I would re submit this book to get it re-labeled.  This would be considered a mechanical error, and there should be no cost to you.  

On 5/31/2022 at 1:27 PM, wytshus said:

Hello @nepatkm

I apologize for missing this post.  The issue seems to be with the title.  

There is a slot in Punisher (Complete) :

image.png

Notice there isn't a space between the r and the m.....

A search for Punisher Max returns no results. =/

I would re submit this book to get it re-labeled.  This would be considered a mechanical error, and there should be no cost to you.  

Thanks for the response @wytshus, your help is greatly appreciated. B|

-Are you positive that is the problem? 
If so that would mean I would have to send in about half of the comics in my registry for that title to be re-labeled for the title header.

I have 8 issues(this book would be 9)with the gap between the r and m as you mentioned, 9 issues with no gap between r and m, and 1 with no gap but a capital M in title, all of which are in the my registry already, and did not have a problem entering.

I will post an issue of each in my registry already as an example below. 
-Again for response and recommendations again Brian, your help is greatly appreciated. 😃 @wytshus

and again not a big deal I have a bunch of other comics not in the registry that are one shots, minis, etc that I just can’t see the reason to put the efforts of others to enter. 

(Punisher Max #10 is in the census, and that’s what is important to me, can’t see me sending 10 books back to be relabeled to add this one. 🤷‍♂️) Thanks again…👍

261A20CA-2C2F-40D4-9B4E-6C5377C043A1.jpeg

6224E8E7-C3B6-4E96-B91D-6842F8D33297.jpeg

B29AC258-9C62-4FBE-83DD-F1811FCD1775.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Bad at writing 😆

Hey @nepatkm

Unfortunately, yes, that is the problem.

A general search for Punisher Max only returns issue 49:

image.png

A general search for Punishermax returns the rest of the issues in the census.

I have a weekly meeting with a member of the grading team tomorrow, I will bring this issue up with them and see if there is any other solution.  I do not have write access to the database, so I would probably have to put in a ticket with the contractor that administers the census.

I will let you know what we come up with.

Edit:

Did you buy the books in question, or did you submit them yourself?  It may be a case of the original owner removing those particular books from the census.  This happens from time to time, and it would explain why they are not showing up.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:23 PM, wytshus said:

Hey @nepatkm

Unfortunately, yes, that is the problem.

A general search for Punisher Max only returns issue 49:

image.png

A general search for Punishermax returns the rest of the issues in the census.

I have a weekly meeting with a member of the grading team tomorrow, I will bring this issue up with them and see if there is any other solution.  I do not have write access to the database, so I would probably have to put in a ticket with the contractor that administers the census.

I will let you know what we come up with.

Edit:

Did you buy the books in question, or did you submit them yourself?  It may be a case of the original owner removing those particular books from the census.  This happens from time to time, and it would explain why they are not showing up.

Thanks @wytshusfor your help. 
the book in question does show up in CGC verification, all the information is there correctly, I just can’t add it to my registry set (Punishermax (2010), Which currently I have the only set 🤷‍♂️ (There are only 22 issues in that series)
Thanks again, I appreciate your time and effort. 👍

3F032CFB-6615-48B0-9B8C-DAED1DBDE632.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm

Also @wytshus, just a thought…

when the administrator accepted, and added this book to my registry (which never appeared.) could this issue have accidentally been put in the Punisher Max (2004) set causing this error? Again, Just a thought, maybe a possibility. (If I recall correctly a similar problem happened to me a long time ago, and that was the problem) :foryou:
—again thanks for your help and responses Brian. 🏆

FE2961F6-0CC1-4279-8B94-08171E3D5D1E.png

Edited by nepatkm
Photo