• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning and pressing? Have CGC do it or someone else?

23 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 11:57 PM, Qalyar said:

8-9 months or thereabouts, although I know he believes he's over a hump and TATs will improve. Seriously, right now the pressing industry is backlogged pretty much anywhere you want to use.

As far as CCS goes, I had them press some books that had really ugly bends due to distributor stupidity, and those came back happily 9.8 with no sign anything had ever been wrong. But I don't think I'd use them for anything really irreplaceable; I don't think they're a bad service by any means, but I want more individualized care for books that warrant it.

Check the website. It’s less than half that. 

On 7/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, LoveBug51 said:

So, ladies/gentlemen...and others, are you allowed to actually give the name of a company who might be a good third party presser/cleaner in this forum?

I'll test those waters: @joeypost /CCS knocked it out of the park on books I had him press years ago. I'm a little out of the pressing/submitting to CGC game nowadays, but man - Joe did a great job with my books when I had him work on them.

(Mods, if you have to remove this, no problem, I get it.)

Edited by Dr. Balls