• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Buyers Premium

13 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've found them pretty good about being responsive, but I would be sure to remind them via phone or email on some regular basis if they haven't acted.

Thanks. If it had been a nominal amount I wouldnt worry about, but this amounts to about a $200 difference.

On 5/26/2022 at 9:06 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Thanks. If it had been a nominal amount I wouldnt worry about, but this amounts to about a $200 difference.

Any updates?

I've had to call C-Link a few times and always found them to be very reasonable to work with. 

Edited by KCOComics

On 5/27/2022 at 2:36 PM, KCOComics said:

Any updates?

I've had to call C-Link a few times and always found them to be very reasonable to work with. 

Yes. They returned my email and said I would receive a credit on my account.  They run a great operation at C Link, just wish they would ship a little faster.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:37 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

I inadvertently paid CL the 3% BP on an order that was received well before the due date. Will they refund it?

Not sure if I am reading this right, but is there a circumstance where you can opt out of paying the buyer's premium?  Thought that was non negotiable everywhere at all the auction houses.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, MTDEW said:

I don't think the 3% is actually a "Buyer's Premium", it's a 3% CC surcharge which is (was?) illegal in 10 states. Josh found a legal way to collect what he used to collect illegally. One way to do this is to call it a Buyer's Premium 2c

Screenshot_20220529-174851_Chrome.jpg.ace93d2c6801cc9e10213a00630a3a8f.jpg

Ah okay, so OP paid by one of those options to get it waived.  Yeah, CL is one of the "nicer" places with their buyer fees.  They just charge a flat 3% fee.  Do you know what Heritage charges?  Their buyer's premium is 20% of your winning bid, a high handling fee (to be fair they do pack nicely), a 3% charge to pay by credit card, and your local state tax.  I really don't understand how they can get away with all that when you put it in the context you are talking about.

Edited by Sky1

On 5/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, Sky1 said:

Ah okay, so OP paid by one of those options to get it waived.  Yeah, CL is one of the "nicer" places with their buyer fees.  They just charge a flat 3% fee.  Do you know what Heritage charges?  Their buyer's premium is 20% of your winning bid, a high handling fee (to be fair they do pack nicely), a 3% charge to pay by credit card, and your local state tax.  I really don't understand how they can get away with all that when you put it in the context you are talking about.

Hopefully you’ve read the fine print then just build the costs into your bid price.

I'm not 100% certain, but it seems like the last time I paid for my auction winnings, there was also an option to pay via cryptocurrency which gave you a small discount.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:00 PM, Gaard said:

I'm not 100% certain, but it seems like the last time I paid for my auction winnings, there was also an option to pay via cryptocurrency which gave you a small discount.

You can pay by bank wire, but I don't recall them ever accepting crypto.

On 5/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, Sky1 said:

Ah okay, so OP paid by one of those options to get it waived.  Yeah, CL is one of the "nicer" places with their buyer fees.  They just charge a flat 3% fee.  

You kids today. :preach:  No checkbook?  Unless a purchase is for very small value, it pays to use a check, pay promptly, and get the 3% add-on waived.