• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graded comics - bag or no bag
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I cant be the only person who is not a fan of the bags CGC send back with the graded books.

What is everyone else doing with these bags?  Are you ditching bags all together or is there a better bag out there that people recommend?  Also Pros/Cons of actually having a bag for the slabs to begin with...I could see if you were a dealer that has their inventory looked over constantly but as a collector who basically places them in storage are there any benefits?

I used mylars for awhile…they make them for slabs.  It got expensive and they are harder to find now without paying more.  I happened to have some magazine mylars that I use as backups, but they aren't long enough to fold the flap over.  I keep slabs in the cgc bags for storage, and if I sell any.  Slabs in my PC get a mylar.  I know, kinda selfish. :facepalm:

Edited by Galen130

On 6/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, thehumantorch said:

If you don't use a bag you're slabs will scratch.  I swap the cheap bags that CGC uses for better quality mylars.

I do the same but I hang onto the bags CGC sends us as they can be used to send with the slabs if you sell them, or I use them to build sets of other books to display /sell at shows.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, thehumantorch said:

If you don't use a bag you're slabs will scratch.  I swap the cheap bags that CGC uses for better quality mylars.

Same here, I use CGC size Mylars to prevent any potential scratching. I keep a couple of the CGC bags to use when I send slabbed books back in for Sig Series or reholders. 

On 6/5/2022 at 10:42 AM, james_c said:

I cant be the only person who is not a fan of the bags CGC send back with the graded books.

What is everyone else doing with these bags?  Are you ditching bags all together or is there a better bag out there that people recommend?  Also Pros/Cons of actually having a bag for the slabs to begin with...I could see if you were a dealer that has their inventory looked over constantly but as a collector who basically places them in storage are there any benefits?

Ironic that you started this thread, because I've been thinking I should get more mylars since I was replacing CGC bags with magazine mylars.  Up until now, I wouldn't buy them from anyone...comic supplies in general have become expensive.

I found this place and bought a couple packages.  They are a bit more than what I remember paying in the past, but the shipping is FREE!!!!  Shipping for comic supplies seems to have gone through the roof, at least in my recent experience. (shrug)

https://www.hobbiesdepot.com/supplies/

Edited by Galen130

On 6/6/2022 at 1:30 PM, Galen130 said:

Ironic that you started this thread, because I've been thinking I should get more mylars since I was replacing CGC bags with magazine mylars.  Up until now, I wouldn't buy them from anyone...comic supplies in general have become expensive.

I found this place and bought a couple packages.  They are a bit more than what I remember paying in the past, but the shipping is FREE!!!!  Shipping for comic supplies seems to have gone through the roof, at least in my recent experience. (shrug)

Thanks for the link. Just picked up a couple packs to see how much I like them. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:30 AM, Galen130 said:

I've been buying my supplies from them since I left NY. I don't know how they can offer free shipping, but they do.

It would be a shame to ruin a nice bag while keeping that case shiny and scratch free; be sure to use bag protection!