• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #20 - 1st app of Scorpion - Grade is in!
4 4

15 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 10:33 PM, Funnybooks said:

not shocked..C&P may have helped 

thank you for the update

In a way I’m glad I didn’t as I would’ve used CCS. They told me last week that 1 of my comics has been damaged during the process and dropped from a 9.0 to 7.0. Bit worried about the other 3 of mine they have now!

Thought this had a good chance of a 3.5 but 0.5 either way is okay with me.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, Deutero said:

In a way I’m glad I didn’t as I would’ve used CCS. They told me last week that 1 of my comics has been damaged during the process and dropped from a 9.0 to 7.0. Bit worried about the other 3 of mine they have now!

Thought this had a good chance of a 3.5 but 0.5 either way is okay with me.

what? really? how the hell does that happen?

On 8/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Mmanick said:

That an awesome grade for you was just surprised it was graded that high with a deatched staple. Congrats and cool book 

I thought a 5.0 was realistic so very pleased. However the most pleasing aspect is that it was obviously well handled by CGC. The bottom staple was detached from the front cover but still attached to the back cover. I was concerned it would become fully detached during the process, it was in the Economy Tier. I think that might have dropped it to a 5.5/6.0 so fair play to CGC!

On 8/30/2022 at 10:44 PM, Funnybooks said:

what? really? how the hell does that happen?

It was my Silver Surfer #15 from my PC, I posted it on here a few weeks ago.

I only sent it in as I’d managed to get a good deal on a high grade copy, my only other slabbed volume 1 is #2. Sounds like it reacted to a cleaning agent during the pressing. The back spine was quite dirty and that’s where they said it had colour pull. I’ve asked them not to send it on to CGC now.!

Just been a bit of a waste of time really but it’s being sorted at the moment.