• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The CGC comic book submission form is currently broken
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Hi

After searching for and selecting a comic the form freezes. Declared value cannot be entered and no progress can be made (can't find my comic works though).

I've tried multiple browsers and PCs. There's a technical issue with the web form.

Sometimes you have not actually picked something from the list, so no DV allowed yet.  You see what you put in for keywords, looks like it was accepted, but never physically got picked from the list, just not recognized, or there are different versions.

Unless you have some really obscure title, you should never have to use the "can't find my comic" link.  Another possible reason why they won't let you enter the DV.

Your comic is probably in the database, but you haven't found the exact "magic words" to get it to show.  And it can be tricky - like sometimes they are looking for Volume 2, Vol. 2, or V2.  Or have to have the word Marvel in front of some of their titles. 

Maybe someone knows the magic words and can help you out. 

What comic is it?

On 6/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, Lightning55 said:

Sometimes you have not actually picked something from the list, so no DV allowed yet.  You see what you put in for keywords, looks like it was accepted, but never physically got picked from the list, just not recognized, or there are different versions.

Unless you have some really obscure title, you should never have to use the "can't find my comic" link.  Another possible reason why they won't let you enter the DV.

Your comic is probably in the database, but you haven't found the exact "magic words" to get it to show.  And it can be tricky - like sometimes they are looking for Volume 2, Vol. 2, or V2.  Or have to have the word Marvel in front of some of their titles. 

Maybe someone knows the magic words and can help you out. 

What comic is it?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It wasn't this. The issue was the form couldn't pull the custom labels so it froze. When I used "can't find my comic" it didn't try to pull the labels so it worked fine.

A couple of hours later it started working again.