• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reaching Out To Dealers?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Typically, I will purchase art directly from a dealer or the artist themselves. I was wondering though if it's frowned upon to contact a dealer like Albert Moy about an artist they sell work from occasionally but do not represent and ask if they are able to obtain more from a certain series or art with a certain character? Is that considered obnoxious? I don't want to overstep my boundaries...

On 6/9/2022 at 11:10 AM, Siege Perilous said:

Typically, I will purchase art directly from a dealer or the artist themselves. I was wondering though if it's frowned upon to contact a dealer like Albert Moy about an artist they sell work from occasionally but do not represent and ask if they are able to obtain more from a certain series or art with a certain character? Is that considered obnoxious? I don't want to overstep my boundaries...

If the artist doesnt have a regular dealer, Ive reached out to dealers who seem to work with the artist consistently. Worse they say it no, or ignore you.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:47 PM, J.Sid said:

Most dealers have quite a bit of artwork not listed on their website, so it never hurts to ask.

...or if they don't have it they may well know who might or does.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:47 PM, J.Sid said:

Most dealers have quite a bit of artwork not listed on their website, so it never hurts to ask.

Or, they can ask the artist directly if they would sell a piece rather than wait for the artist to decide.