• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 RARE 1937 Complete Funny Picture Stories Supplement #1 "Alias The Clock" #11 The Brothers 3 By Will Eisner & Captain Jim By RA Burley SOLD

4 posts in this topic

General Rules

•   No PL/HOS members

• First "I will take it" Wins and voids any pm's or emails.

Payment

•  I'll take PayPal. Personal checks, or USPS money orders.

•     Payment within 3 calendar days (unless we've made other payment arrangements)

Shipping Terms I will ship these FREE in the USA with signature confirmation: All other location pay actual shipping

• I now only ship one time a week so please be patient as it could take a few days to ship your purchase. 

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: I will accept returns on raw books within 5 days of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them.

• ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. 

Below you will find a collection of 3 very hard to find complete 1930s news paper inserts featuring some very early work by historic Golden Age artists & characters.

These almost never come up for sale anywhere, I looked at multiple auction sites and in all the year only Heritage has only had 3 come up for sale,  1930s News paper inserts....You get to use the word RARE.

My intent was to grade them at some point but I am after another book.  PRICE IS $2000 Firm for all 3 copies Shipped. Which leaves a lot of money on the table if you take the time to grade these.

Included are.......

Funny Picture Stories Complete Supplement #1 (Comics Magazine, 1937)  This was a weekly supplement to the March 5, 1937 issue of The Charles American Press newspaper from Lake Charles, Louisiana, produced three years before the first Will Eisner Spirit Sections were released. Features "Alias the Clock" by George Brenner. Originally published in Funny Picture Stories V1#1. Not listed in Overstreet. CGC census Featuring The classic early Golden Age Character The Clock created in 1936 & featuring art by cartoonist George Brenner. According to Overstreet the Clock was the first masked hero to appear in an American Comic Book and is widely considered to be the “missing link” between pulp and comic-book heroes.

Funny Picture Stories Complete Supplement #11 (Comics Magazine, 1937)  Features "The Brothers 3" by Will Eisner. ( Classic Early Eisner) Originally published in Funny Picture Stories V1#4. Not listed in Overstreet. CGC census 

Funny Picture Stories Complete Supplement #12 (Comics Magazine, 1937)  "Captain Jim and the Chinese Pirates" by R. A. Burnley. Originally published in Funny Picture Stories V1#5. Not listed in Overstreet.

S5002457.JPG

S5002458.JPG

S5002459.JPG

S5002460.JPG

S5002461.JPG

S5002462.JPG

S5002463.JPG

S5002464.JPG

S5002465.JPG

S5002466.JPG

S5002467.JPG

S5002468.JPG