• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS Printing question / Inquiry
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Fellow Collectors,

Reaching out for some guidance, I was able to pick up Batman #92 retailer appreciation variant in absolutely beautiful condition. However there is ding on the corner I feel can be pressed out. My issue is after doing homework online, different sources are saying this type of card stock can't be pressed. Looking for some help if submitted to for slabbing to CCS would they actually be able to get this out? Ive seen worst get pressed but I'm concerned about the card stock information on some YouTube channels that I've come across, see photos and thanks!

Respectfully, P

IMG_4090.JPG

On 6/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

You would most likely have to send it in for prescreening.

image.png

image.png

@CGC Mike When trying to screen my book I receive the following "Modern may not be combined with Screening" looks like I will have to find a 3rd party pressor. thanks for the replying to my chat board question. Much appreciated.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:58 PM, Sulkie said:
On 6/15/2022 at 1:37 PM, P Palmer said:

@CGC Mike When trying to screen my book I receive the following "Modern may not be combined with Screening" looks like I will have to find a 3rd party pressor. thanks for the replying to my chat board question. Much appreciated.

Yup, that's what their website says.

Screenshot_20220615-165643_Chrome.jpg.60d60d426f8318defbaeb5eb8f82682e.jpg

This is both true and not true.

It is true that you can't CCS pre-screen your modern tier book.

HOWEVER, you CAN submit your modern tier book at a higher tier and therefore your book would qualify for a pre-screen of CCS.  Now that might not be financially worth it, but that IS AN OPTION.

OR

You could just skip the CCS-"Pre-screen" portion and just pay for Modern Tier PRESSING, which probably won't hurt the book, but yes there is a chance you'll be paying for pressing that doesn't help.

I'm not saying that other non CGC/CCS options aren't better than those options, but THOSE ARE ACTUAL OPTIONS that can be considered and may be right for you depending on your situation.