• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is inflation and a potential recession changing your collecting habits?
4 4

82 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 3:44 PM, Axe Elf said:

At least you haven't toad the wet sprocket...

:roflmao:lol I did question myself when I came to that word in the sentence. The phrase never had any "real world" applications for me apparently.

I really didn't know it was toed instead of towed. I thought about it and took a guess, not one I've had to write often, thankfully.

Learn something new every day ^^

Just in case you thought it was a typo, I truly just didn't know.

On 6/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:roflmao:lol I did question myself when I came to that word in the sentence. The phrase never had any "real world" applications for me apparently.

I really didn't know it was toed instead of towed. I thought about it and took a guess, not one I've had to write often, thankfully.

Learn something new every day ^^

Just in case you thought it was a typo, I truly just didn't know.

You're not alone; a lot of people think it's "towed."  That's how it became a pet peeve.  If this was the first time I'd ever seen it, I'd just move on from another random typo.

The worst one for me is the "hook and lateral" play in football.  Even the announcers these days will call it a "hook and ladder" play, which I guess sounds cool because of the fire engine connotation, but it's really just a corrupted interpretation of the actual play, in which the receiver runs a hook pattern, catches the football, and laterals it to a teammate streaking by.

It's something a team might try when they "just can't get untracked" (on track).

:ohnoez: