CGC Billed me for signing and sent back an unsigned book
1 1

7 posts in this topic

The order info is below. The third book listed was not signed and I was billed for it as such. So now I am out my signed book, and my money, and will likely not be able to get a replacement during this calendar year or lifetime, but a simple refund and even that I can't get communication about.

All in all, really frustrating. To top it off, no one answers the phone, and the expectation is to have a convoluted email exchange in order to sort it out. Who ever is running this system, if you could please refund my money ASAP, I'd appreciate it. 

For anyone who asks, the books were all in the same order. You can see that on the invoice below. The paper invoice in the box lists the $75 dollar charge for all three books. They were all window bagged the same. They all had their cut out identifiers behind the backing board. I even made a YouTube video where you can see it as I was explaining to other people how to make window bags for CGC, and explicitly showed them how to include all of these steps. Cut the video to the 0717 mark. You can see all of these steps done and in place. 

 

Submission #4044834

Status: Shipped

Order #: CGC1659271997
Received: 4/13/22
Shipped: 6/8/22
 
001
Wonder Girl 6 2/22 D.C. Comics Variant Cover
Signature
 
9.8 WHITE
SIGNED BY STANLEY ""ARTGERM"" LAU ON 5/23/22
002
Life of Captain Marvel 1 9/18 Marvel Comics Variant Edition
Signature
 
9.0 WHITE
SIGNED BY STANLEY ""ARTGERM"" LAU ON 5/23/22
003
Mighty Thor 705 5/18 Marvel Comics Lau Variant Cover
Modern
 
9.8 WHITE
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you get the book back yet?  Assuming mistakes do happen, is it possible the book was signed but in got entered wrong in the system but your book was actually signed?

otherwise it would be weird for books from two tiers to be shipped back together 

Edited by revat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The book is in my hands as we speak. It is blue labeled and there is no signature anywhere on it. It's almost like a double slap in the face. Like every step of their QC failed. They didn't get it signed, and then graded it and shipped it back in the same tier when they always make you pay that extra $$$ for shipping across tiers. Even to have it redone, they'd have to crack it, and then they'd blame me if the grade was suddenly lower. This company is lucky CBCS is so inept. 

Sorry, that's a lot of vitriol when you were just asking an honest question to be helpful and trying to put a positive spin on things. Please don't take it towards you. I'm just immensely disappointed and frustrated right now. I've wasted two months of time and lost out on hundreds of dollars at this point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, Ken Carter said:

The book is in my hands as we speak. It is blue labeled and there is no signature anywhere on it. It's almost like a double slap in the face. Like every step of their QC failed. They didn't get it signed, and then graded it and shipped it back in the same tier when they always make you pay that extra $$$ for shipping across tiers. Even to have it redone, they'd have to crack it, and then they'd blame me if the grade was suddenly lower. This company is lucky CBCS is so inept. 

Sorry, that's a lot of vitriol when you were just asking an honest question to be helpful and trying to put a positive spin on things. Please don't take it towards you. I'm just immensely disappointed and frustrated right now. I've wasted two months of time and lost out on hundreds of dollars at this point.

 

No problem, keep on them til you get a reasonable resolution. Press them over multiple routes of communication.

 

there’s an “ask Cgc” section too here on the forums too, they’re pretty responsive usually 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a remark from Jurgens during his last in-house signing and he didn’t sign it. CGC paid for all shipping and had Jurgens sign it. CGC got it back to me in a few months with the same grade. They are still a company and only have employees answer the phone during business hours, call them in the morning and I’d wager they’ll take care of it.


(big caveat -being without a book for a few months isn’t a big deal to me). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, thesink said:

I got a remark from Jurgens during his last in-house signing and he didn’t sign it. CGC paid for all shipping and had Jurgens sign it. CGC got it back to me in a few months with the same grade. They are still a company and only have employees answer the phone during business hours, call them in the morning and I’d wager they’ll take care of it.


(big caveat -being without a book for a few months isn’t a big deal to me). 

Yeah, unfortunately, my plan was to sell this book at Fan Expo or sooner right around the movie release. It's value is going to drop afterward like most of them do. CGC has easily cost me $400 or more at this point with this blunder. The idea that this will take months to fix is unacceptable to me. I really wish CBCS wasn't run by a bunch of clowns so that CGC would have actual competition and would have to value us as customers.

For the record, I did call them and was told "I can't help you. You'll have to send an email and we'll get to it when we can." Again, unacceptable. I had to send them a picture of the book, even though it's clear on their own invoice what happened. And I couldn't even send that to someone who could help. I had to send to the same guy who couldn't help so he could forward it on when he found the time and CGC plans to get back to me "when we can". 

I sent them the requested email and photo evidence and told them to get back to me within 48 hours with a plan to address it or I'm calling the entire charge fraudulent and filing a charge back claim. I really hope the new leadership at CBCS takes them in a direction where they are a true 1:1 competitor and CGC has to finally value us as customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ken Carter said:

Yeah, unfortunately, my plan was to sell this book at Fan Expo or sooner right around the movie release. It's value is going to drop afterward like most of them do. CGC has easily cost me $400 or more at this point with this blunder. The idea that this will take months to fix is unacceptable to me. I really wish CBCS wasn't run by a bunch of clowns so that CGC would have actual competition and would have to value us as customers.

For the record, I did call them and was told "I can't help you. You'll have to send an email and we'll get to it when we can." Again, unacceptable. I had to send them a picture of the book, even though it's clear on their own invoice what happened. And I couldn't even send that to someone who could help. I had to send to the same guy who couldn't help so he could forward it on when he found the time and CGC plans to get back to me "when we can". 

I sent them the requested email and photo evidence and told them to get back to me within 48 hours with a plan to address it or I'm calling the entire charge fraudulent and filing a charge back claim. I really hope the new leadership at CBCS takes them in a direction where they are a true 1:1 competitor and CGC has to finally value us as customers.

Eventually if enough customers file charge backs for CGC mistakes rather than the customer absorbing yet another hit, CGC may attempt to improve their business model.  While that is a big IF, I do know if people do not file charge backs nothing will change except further in negative direction.

FWIW the expense of investigating each Charge back is the merchants to bear. How much it costs them is based on amount of business they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1