• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one isn't in reality...
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 5:45 PM, darkstar said:

he owns books that are valued solely because of the artwork on the front and not the words on the interior. 

Dark Knight Returns 1 CGC 9.8 SS Frank Miller - Arguably the best comic ever written

Batman 404 CGC 9.8 SS Frank Miller - Batman Year One, Mazzucchelli and Miller’s Epic

Batman 1 New 52 Sketch 1:200 Variant CGC 9.8 SS Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo - Court of Owls

Detective Comics 880 CGC 9.8 SS Scott Snyder & Jock - Black Mirror Epic

Marvel Comics Presents 72 CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee & Herb Trimpe - Wolverine’s DKR, Barry Windsor-Smith is a master 

Wolverine 66 CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee, Steve McNiven, Vines - Beginning of Old Man Logan!!

These are the books you are commenting on  

Edited by D2

On 6/28/2022 at 7:45 AM, darkstar said:

I didn't attack anyone, I asked the user if his posts were serious since he's on a comic book forum asking how anyone that enjoys the hobby could place a high value on the artwork within it. That is a straight nonsensical post. I then made a comparison between variant covers and art prints and pointed out his hypocrisy in that he questioned how someone could place value solely on a book based on the cover artwork when he owns books that are valued solely because of the artwork on the front and not the words on the interior. 

Also I don't need to be made aware of why variants are desirable, thanks. 

I simply provided a rationale as to why variants are desirable.

I also agree with Beastfeast in that the tone of your posts is a tad off ("I don't need...). Also, calling another poster's reply "incessant drone" goes one step further into insult territory.

As both D2 and yourself have posted since the moderator's warning, I would strongly suggest comments stay as neutral and clinical as possible. 

As the OP, perhaps I can suggest a return to the initial topic?

I believe the item in question is worth perhaps 5K tops.

Peace.