• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WONDER MAN series (2024?)

52 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2022 at 5:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm simply no longer going to watch movies or shows in which they decide to make characters unrecognizable. It's not worth my time.

I am heading this direction. I agreed to see Wakanda Forever with friends but based on that i bet i adopt your philosophy, but i am giving it a chance. This identity garbage is driving me away from this form of entertainment. 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:57 PM, Beige said:

I thought - 'no idea who this guy is' - then I remembered he was brilliant in the incredible Watchmen re-imagining TV series.

So - good actor, but Wonder man as a comedy?

Even Yahya won't be able to save it.

Wonder Man was interesting because of his psychological problems, his ego, his cowardice and self-doubt. Yup, he wise-cracked, but that was to hide fear, not because his character was 'funny'

After the disaster of Love and Thunder, I'd kinda hoped the 'humour' route had been stopped for a bit.

Good actor - now we need a serious --script for him to work with. :wishluck:

I'm confused by this critique.

Granted, my primary exposure to Wonder Man was reading issues 1-3 of the 1991 ongoing, but...

It was clearly comedic, just as obvious satire poking fun at traditional superheroes as Byrne's '89 She-Hulk run was (although not quite as obvious as Gerber's Howard the Duck run).

So...what am I missing here?

I did read Avengers # 9 and the '80s one-shot once upon a time, but it's been decades.

Given those early issues of the '90s run, how would you do this character as anything but superhero satire?

The Hollywood Reporter recently revealed the first plot synopsis for the Disney+ Wonder Man series, and it appears to draw inspiration from the character’s comic book origins. The show will delve into the world of a Hollywood stuntman and actor who is determined to make it big in the movies, offering a unique superhero’s perspective on the entertainment industry.

“The series gives a superhero’s perspective on the entertainment industry, centering on a Hollywood stuntman and actor trying to make it big in the movies.”

On 5/11/2023 at 10:11 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

What episode does he bend over for the role?..........Sorry I had to

It's a Marvel production. He's not in the CGI production team so they wouldn't know what he's talking about. 

Edited by Cat

If this SPOTLIGHT corrects the VISION as the polite English butler joke of Paul Bettany's Jarvis through some sort of multiverse hokum, I'm a fan.