• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in, signed by Bob Layton: Marvel Premiere 47
3 3

17 posts in this topic

I was going to submit this one for the Layton signing, but got cold fee when examining the top black areas around the title. IDK if the photos are clear enough, but under light you can see what looks like light scuffing. It's not noticeable until you shine a light on it. It definitely makes it look marginally duller. Thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Looks as good or better than my X-Men 101 with similar issues. Cleaning the back could ensure 8.0 or better

Cool. Thanks. I am waiting for my 101 to come back from Claremont signing (it's been sitting in a Tampa PO for 3 days). I submitted it fully expecting an 8.0 even with CCS pressing, which I know some folks don't hold in particular high regard. It's coming back with a 9.0. I try to do these kind of comparisons to predict and so far it's still varies between expectations and actual grading.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:45 PM, scburdet said:

Looks like most of the forum came it too low. Very happy with this one & Layton does signature placement well (I did box the upper half of the magnifier).

MarvelPremiere-47.jpg

Can you post the picture of the back? Curious to see the back top corner where there was dirt