• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Started....

74 posts in this topic

Yeah, the first photo is poorly exposed, causing a color cast which makes the purple label appear less purple. The second photo is less poorly exsposed using ambient light instead of an on-camera flash. As a result the color is a bit more accurate and you can more easily distinguish the purple label.

In other words, the first pic is really bad. The second one is less bad.

Please compare the two photos, both low-quality, both restored purple labels. Can you really not see the difference?

news.gif Man cuts Sharp corners cut off square, "round" object invented which will revolutionize wagon travel! news.gif

Who cares about yet another crappy scan on ebay, isn't the whole point of this thread supposed to be that "...people are selling Blue Label Restored comics with the new notations?"? That's a bit perplexing for you to claim, since it's quite obvious that the label pictured is neither Blue, nor does it have new notations. screwy.gif

I believe BB nailed it earlier - "...you've simply misinterpreted what you are seeing because of blind hatred for the upcoming change." makepoint.gif

Hey banner, did you miss the part where I stated I did misinterpret the "new notations" bit, and give you props? The "new label" mistake was buried by everyone a few pages ago.

If not, then go back and reread it, and I'll await my apology. grin.gif

Now as for the seller choosing NOT to list the book as RESTORED in the title, not listing any mention of RESTORED in the intial auction detail (he added a small CYA blurb later) and coincidentally having a BAD SCAN that mysteriously makes the label look more blue than purple.

And no one thinks that is the least suspicious, or that it might have led to the insane $900 price tag?

Now as for the seller choosing NOT to list the book as RESTORED in the title, not listing any mention of RESTORED in the intial auction detail (he added a small CYA blurb later) and coincidentally having a BAD SCAN that mysteriously makes the label look more blue than purple.

And no one thinks that is the least suspicious, or that it might have led to the insane $900 price tag?

Okay, you've identified a poor eBay seller! Well done, JC! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think we all pretty much agree with you on the sliminess of the sellers actions, Joe. I don't see anyone defending them. That type of scamming has been going on for long before the new labels were a gleam in anyone's eye.

And perhaps the high price was paid by someone who plans on resubmitting it to PCS for removal of the color touch and subsequent reslabbing. Think of that?

And perhaps the high price was paid by someone who plans on resubmitting it to PCS for removal of the color touch and subsequent reslabbing. Think of that?

Considering a CGC 9.0 Universal sells for less, no, I had not thought of that incredible investment opportunity. 27_laughing.gif

On that note, anyone see that CGC 9.0 Hulk 181 fora BIN of $750.

Ah, so you're color blind as well as retarded. Now that explains a lot.

I was giving you props, dumb !

You started this thread as part of your vendetta against CGC's new labels, you recognized your mistake and admitted such to Banner, and having realized you had gone down the wrong track, you changed the focus of this thread by pointing out that even though you were wrong about the label, the seller's listing and lack of disclosure was still generally suspicious. I was agreeing with the latter.

I was giving you props, dumb !

Who cares, you're insulting me so much that you could say hi to me on the street and I'd kick you in the balls.

So you're threatening me with bodily harm now? 893naughty-thumb.gif I thought you wanted to leave these boards with your head held high, but apparently you want to leave because of a third strike. confused-smiley-013.gif

So you're threatening me with bodily harm now?

Hardly, I was just stating that by spewing your hate-filled venom at me day in and day out, don't expect me to reply any differently.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Yes, Joe, I'm the one known on the boards as the hate-filled venomous one.

Where's that kettle and pot graphic when I need it?

JC, I think the winning bidder is a shill. gossip.gif

High bidder:

ahadbhai (15) Member since:Feb-14-02 Location: Canada

Last item bought with feedback: Feb-13-03 08:19 1977704684

Now the seller:

miraly123 (27) Member since: May-28-03 Location: Canada

Looks like an old account that went to sleep weeks before miraly123 was created.

Both from Cananda...

I didn't check to see if adadbhai was from Montreal like miraly is but if so that would pretty much clinch it.

poke2.gif

Ball busting comment removed.

I making a citizen arrest.. you are outa control..making way to many posts in a short time span, and creating graemlins that do not exist

Party foul... go to the penalty box for 3 minutes...NOW

Ze-

Ball busting comment removed.

I making a citizen arrest.. you are outa control..making way to many posts in a short time span, and creating graemlins that do not exist

Party foul... go to the penalty box for 3 minutes...NOW

Ze-

yo homey...don't diss the stupid collecta, or I'll busta cap in yo a-ss.

YEAH!!

g58127k52jo.jpg

JC, I think the winning bidder is a shill. gossip.gif

High bidder:

ahadbhai (15) Member since:Feb-14-02 Location: Canada

Last item bought with feedback: Feb-13-03 08:19 1977704684

Now the seller:

miraly123 (27) Member since: May-28-03 Location: Canada

Looks like an old account that went to sleep weeks before miraly123 was created.

Both from Cananda...

I didn't check to see if adadbhai was from Montreal like miraly is but if so that would pretty much clinch it.

poke2.gif

didn't I already post this? confused.gif