• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you read Superman #4?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, Professor K said:

Yes it did but the cover isn't depicted in the comic. This is all they show of the earthquake. I used to think the bald guy was Lex Luther, boy was I wrong. 

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-21_140033_readcomiconline.li.png

Opera Snapshot_2022-06-21_140325_readcomiconline.li.png

Thank you.  Perfect.  Then follow this. In the next issue, the cover shows Superman tearing apart a wall/portcullis/jail wall to save a woman who is under duress and trapped inside. 

In the comic (Issue #5) Superman tears down a steel door to get to bad guys and save Lois.  

My thought is that Superman 5 is the first cover appearance of Lois, not Action 29 which came months later.  I base this on the ads for Batman 1 which was in Supes 5 and showed up in an Action comic before #29. 

I believe the cover artists often worked on the covers without full details of the story and they were inspired by the plot therein. 

(And yes, she seems to have Blonde highlights, but we’ve seen Supes without an “S” in early issues too…details weren’t their strong suit when they did the covers independently of the stories, IMHO )

AD3521DF-03D3-41C0-A3CD-7042846B348C.jpeg

Edited by Westy Steve