• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #48
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Just acquired this gem. This is a real bummer because if you didnt have those cutouts (5 total) this book would be a nice high grade. Pages are crisp and clean. Cover is vibrant. Im thinking this would make a great replacement cover for a restored book.

I believe some of the cutouts take away from the story panels making this incomplete. And yes, I do plan to sell it. 

What do you think CGC would grade this at roughly?

Additional Question: If you were selling this would you bother to slab and sell or sell raw so someone can use it for "parts"?

FF48 (2).jpg

FF48 (3).jpg

FF48 (4).jpg

FF48 (5).jpg

FF48 (6).jpg

FF48 (7).jpg

FF48 (8).jpg

FF48 (9).jpg

FF48 (10).jpg

FF48 (11).jpg

FF48 (12).jpg

Edited by cigars&comix

I'm out of my league here, but I think clippings that affect story automatically downgrade to <1.0. If there were no cutouts and the grunge on the back cover didn't clean, I think it's stuck around 5.0±1.0. It looks from the front cover like the higher end of that range. For parts? No idea.

I might be wrong but I’m pretty certain the panel cutout in your 4th photo is the Silver Surfer’s 1st appearance.

Personally I’d sell it raw as I think it would get a 0.5 due to the amount missing.

Also attached is the panel in which SS 1st appears, in case you want to check if it is actually present in your copy.

393A308D-E753-47D0-A367-2834C7C6B914.jpeg

Universal 0.5

Too much is missing and I don't think the rest of the book is of high enough grade to be on that 4.5/5.0 precipice for a Qualified label.

Thanks for posting.