• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
8 8

121 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, AlexH said:

So, did the market for comics die? Or am I just not offering stuff at a good price? I haven’t had a thread like this where nothing gets purchased. I’m not necessarily complaining, just trying to understand the market. Thoughts?!?

People are probably broke too...IMO.  $7 a gallon for gas in some places, among other higher expenses.  I made a time-payment purchase last week because of low funds.  I hate doing that…:facepalm:

On 7/9/2022 at 6:58 PM, Galen130 said:

People are probably broke too...IMO.  $7 a gallon for gas in some places, among other higher expenses.  I made a time-payment purchase last week because of low funds.  I hate doing that…:facepalm:

Agreed.

Sorry to say because I am also looking to unload some books myself, but I think last year would've been best with the stimulus and lower prices on everything.

On 7/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, grebal said:
On 7/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, AlexH said:

So, did the market for comics die? Or am I just not offering stuff at a good price? I haven’t had a thread like this where nothing gets purchased. I’m not necessarily complaining, just trying to understand the market. Thoughts?!?

It's certainly not you.  Unless it's high grade or bargain pricing it's been very common for over a year for a thread to get only crickets.

But we also haven't seen much new blood in a while so maybe that accounts for part of the drop -- besides the the more obvious explanations like rapid runup in prices, along with maybe a little economic slump/a bit less discretionary cash, or even just the 'slow' season.

So, I looked at the thread when it started, but my eyes glazed over with the moderns and sig series, which are just not my bag. A boardie actually alerted me to the SSWS in your thread this morning, so I did check that out. I think the crickets are normal, but you might be able to sell some stuff if you put the SA/BA into the GA/SA/BA sales thread, and the modern stuff in the modern sales thread. It may just be too eclectic as it stands now to garner attention.

I also imagine that inflation and the never-ending, fill-in-the-blank crises are hitting people hard, especially the lower and middle class, which comprise a lot of us here on the boards. I had to shift my areas of critical need from hookers, blow and comic books, to simply hookers, blow and ammo.

As someone mentioned above about time payments, I am also doing time payments on comic stuff now due to lack of disposable income.

On 7/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, lizards2 said:

I had to shift my areas of critical need from hookers, blow and comic books, to simply hookers, blow and ammo.

You have loftier standards.  I went from alcohol and comics to just alcohol…

6ACCBB30-1186-4AA9-B502-C3281295B98E.png

On 7/9/2022 at 6:13 PM, Galen130 said:

You have loftier standards.  I went from alcohol and comics to just alcohol…

6ACCBB30-1186-4AA9-B502-C3281295B98E.png

Disposable income comes in after alcohol.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:34 PM, lizards2 said:

So, I looked at the thread when it started, but my eyes glazed over with the moderns and sig series, which are just not my bag. A boardie actually alerted me to the SSWS in your thread this morning, so I did check that out. I think the crickets are normal, but you might be able to sell some stuff if you put the SA/BA into the GA/SA/BA sales thread, and the modern stuff in the modern sales thread. It may just be too eclectic as it stands now to garner attention.

I also imagine that inflation and the never-ending, fill-in-the-blank crises are hitting people hard, especially the lower and middle class, which comprise a lot of us here on the boards. I had to shift my areas of critical need from hookers, blow and comic books, to simply hookers, blow and ammo.

As someone mentioned above about time payments, I am also doing time payments on comic stuff now due to lack of disposable income.

Don't forget the cans of beans too! LOL

Edited by Uatu13

On 7/9/2022 at 2:15 PM, AlexH said:

I personally cut down to 2 sets and one rarely appears on the boards

If you have ASM vol. 1 to offer I am all ears

On 7/9/2022 at 8:34 PM, lizards2 said:

put the SA/BA into the GA/SA/BA sales thread, and the modern stuff in the modern sales thread. It may just be too eclectic as it stands now to garner attention.

This 

Mixed is....

776B585C-DF14-4028-BC97-10457BE3A393.gif.edc3bb1efea9cf9eb73b7fe7b6e32a81.gif