• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sent in Pedigree Came back Qualified No Pedigree
2 2

44 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 11:14 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Some Big Apple copies are low grade—no argument. But have you ever seen a Big Apple copy with tape or a married centerfold? The only way I can see the original poster's book being a Big Apple book is if CGC made the wrong call on the married centerfold and if the tape repair is an extremely old repair.

The tape and missing centerfold throws up a big red flag to me. I have heard of low grade Big Apples. Mine is indeed pretty low. But if Ritter sold it as such, I believe him. Have not heard of incomplete copies though. 

I have sent in Big Apples that I bought from Ritter and also a pedigree which I cannot from Metro (it was one that did not have markings - maybe it was another Big Apple).  I subbed them and included the invoice showing the ped listing and CGC accepted them as peds - not sure if it was because of the invoice alone or a combination of the book and invoice.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, path4play said:

Wonder how this Crippen on feeBay would slab lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225053694200

I think that seller copied from the listing that DTA has.  Just used the sell one like this and didn't bother to change much in the title although did remove the grade.

DTA's is listed as VF/NM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233054040884?hash=item36431a7334:g:pZEAAOSwc4xgTGxm