• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why does the "White Pages" stamp appear under the grade number most of the time, but then sometimes it appears somewhere else?

6 posts in this topic

It's in the title. Basically I wanna know if there's ANY difference between the white pages stamp that appears below the comic grade and the white pages stamp that appears at the center of the slabs top. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, Travaran said:

It's in the title. Basically I wanna know if there's ANY difference between the white pages stamp that appears below the comic grade and the white pages stamp that appears at the center of the slabs top. 

Time period when the book was encapsulated.  Check out this thread:

Edited by steveinthecity
Clarity

If you had a vintage copy of the Yellow Pages slabbed, and the label said it had white pages, would that reduce its value?

On 6/24/2022 at 11:05 PM, Axe Elf said:

If you had a vintage copy of the Yellow Pages slabbed, and the label said it had white pages, would that reduce its value?

I think the idea is wherever the title "white pages" is doesn't effect the value at all. It use to be centered on the slab back in the day, but now it's placed under the grade number. It has nothing to do with value they just switched where they placed it 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, Travaran said:

I think the idea is wherever the title "white pages" is doesn't effect the value at all. It use to be centered on the slab back in the day, but now it's placed under the grade number. It has nothing to do with value they just switched where they placed it 

me thinks you missed his clever joke