• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did my books end up in the wrong holders?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

So, I just received my four, in-house signature series books. Besides having no grader notes and not seeing why one of them is a 9.6 and not a 9.8, all four books were in the wrong holders!

Issue #1 was in a holder with a label for issue #3; issue #2 was in a holder with a label for issue #4, etc...how does this happen??

These books have been in process for nearly three months, and to finally get them back like this is very confusing. I have emailed CGC, but I am wondering if anybody has had this experience and knows what happens next...return mailing (at CGC's expense), reholder (without damaging the books/signatures), timeline for getting them back...this is super-frustrating, especially when quality control is constantly stressed. The issue #s are on the cover! How does this mistake happen? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 12.19.55 PM.png

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.  I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.  We will be happy to correct that for you ASAP.  Our customer service department will provide you with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label you can use to send those back and we will get the labels corrected ASAP.  If you don't receive a response to your email within a day or two, please let me know.

Thank you!

On 6/27/2022 at 9:35 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.  I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.  We will be happy to correct that for you ASAP.  Our customer service department will provide you with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label you can use to send those back and we will get the labels corrected ASAP.  If you don't receive a response to your email within a day or two, please let me know.

Thank you!

Isn't anyone checking these before they get sent out?  (shrug)

On 7/2/2022 at 1:12 AM, Kevin76 said:

Isn't anyone checking these before they get sent out?  (shrug)

There are only 2 possible answers to that question ... yes or no.

If the answer is yes, then a whole slew of other questions arise....and the words 'incompetent' and 'accountability' are used in those questions.

If the answer is no, why not?

@Jennifer F.

• Administrator

Hello,

Yes, every book does go through quality control before being shipped.  However, that doesn't mean that errors will never happen.  Unfortunately, with the volume of books we are completing and shipping out, an occasional mistake may occur and be missed.  We are very sorry about that and will certainly correct any mistakes free of charge and expedite those back to the customer as quickly as possible. 

Thank you!

Help me to understand this. I'm really not trying to be a richard, though I'm sure it seems like it. I'm just trying to understand how something like this could happen, especially when "every book does go through quality control before being shipped."

So we have this submission of 4 books. All 4 have the incorrect issue on the label. Does this mean all 4 books were examined by QC and deemed correct?

Similarly, we've all seen the numerous examples of 2 books with swapped labels. Does this mean that they were both deemed correct when they were examined by QC?