• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never mind...
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, Domo Arigato said:
  On 6/26/2022 at 10:40 AM, HighRadArt said:

Had an unusual situation happen to me yesterday and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.  I had gone to my LCS to browse and picked up a some upgrades for a few of my bronze age comics.  On the way home, I decided to stop by a Taco Bell to have some lunch and check over my new books.  After three bean burritos and a black bean chalupa supreme, the urge hit me and I had to make a run for the restroom. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't quite quick enough.  Half of it ended up in my underwear, part of it went onto the toilet seat, and about a third of it hit the intended target.  Not knowing hot to proceed, I asked myself, "What would a quick thinking super-hero like Spider-Man do?".  I figured I could just throw my underwear away and go commando.....then wipe the ring off my backside....and nobody would be the wiser.....except the person who emptied the trash later that evening. 

As I went to implement my plan, that's when the horror of the situation truly struck me.  There was no f***ing toilet paper.  

I sat there for about 10 minutes hoping someone would come in.....but reality eventually hit me square in the face.  I started to sob a little bit as I reached down, grabbed my bag, and pulled a high grade Spider-Man #131 out of it.  

Have any other grown men found themselves crying in a restroom as they wiped their butt with one of their comics?  If so, is there any way to restore this book?  Do you think Joey would clean and press it?

Thanks for reading.

1A6E4D91-44A1-4313-A790-0004575DC347.jpeg.5d23a0b13dffc6e3b52aa1764301ca4f.jpeg5A8A29F8-A6A3-4AC1-B2CC-2B52BFA94631.gif.3bce13e17187f9c7050748a4c5f7a29a.gif