• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard/Better/Nedor Collected Editions?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am curious if there are any trade paperback or hardcover collected editions out there for Standard/Better/Nedor comics. 

I was looking specifically to see if there were any collected editions for America's Best Comics. I did a search and couldn't find anything, so I am thinking no, but figured I would check with the experts. 

Thanks

On 6/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, telerites said:

I am not sure about collected editions.  Since they are in the public domain, you can access them online but I understand wanting a book.

Here is a link to the America's Best series

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?cid=101

Nice, thanks. Yeah, I am a big fan of reading hardcopies. I'm thinking it's because it is in the public domain maybe, so no one has an exclusive license for the material. 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, BCoffee said:

Nice, thanks. Yeah, I am a big fan of reading hardcopies. I'm thinking it's because it is in the public domain maybe, so no one has an exclusive license for the material. 

I love all of these books.  I actually have complete runs of ABC, BT, Exciting, FY, Startling, Thrilling, and Wonder.  All CGCed with lots of dupes.  It took me nearly 20 years to complete it.  I started on it since I loved Timelys and Schomburg but couldn't afford those.  Now I couldn't afford either lol 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, telerites said:

I love all of these books.  I actually have complete runs of ABC, BT, Exciting, FY, Startling, Thrilling, and Wonder.  All CGCed with lots of dupes.  It took me nearly 20 years to complete it.  I started on it since I loved Timelys and Schomburg but couldn't afford those.  Now I couldn't afford either lol 

Wow! That's impressive! If you have any pics of your set posted somewhere, please send me a link! 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, BCoffee said:

Wow! That's impressive! If you have any pics of your set posted somewhere, please send me a link! 

I have almost of them posted on myslabbedcomics.com - still missing posting a few of my duplicates.  

Go here and see will all of my collections down the right hand side - I have those titles listed as separate collections.

https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=388

And to show my insanity for Wonder Comics #9 (I picked up one more since this pic)

20211024_143539.thumb.jpg.505693880e49ffbae35483ac8e2fb86e.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, telerites said:

I have almost of them posted on myslabbedcomics.com - still missing posting a few of my duplicates.  

Go here and see will all of my collections down the right hand side - I have those titles listed as separate collections.

https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=388

And to show my insanity for Wonder Comics #9 (I picked up one more since this pic)

20211024_143539.thumb.jpg.505693880e49ffbae35483ac8e2fb86e.jpg

Wow, great collection! Now I gotta go figure out what the deal is with Wonder Comics #9!!

On 6/29/2022 at 4:44 PM, BCoffee said:

Wow, great collection! Now I gotta go figure out what the deal is with Wonder Comics #9!!

Nothing special at all except with me.  I started out only collecting Schomburg covers and this was the first non-Schomburg in my runs that I bought and just liked it.  Incredibly dumb to have so many copies, I know.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:24 PM, telerites said:

Nothing special at all except with me.  I started out only collecting Schomburg covers and this was the first non-Schomburg in my runs that I bought and just liked it.  Incredibly dumb to have so many copies, I know.

well, it is a bit eccentric, but whatever floats your boat. Good taste though as the ABC, exciting series doesn't get the respect it deserves. I just picked this up and would love to read a hardback collection. Folks be missing out!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 6/29/2022 at 5:24 PM, telerites said:

Ha, well I think it’s pretty cool. I great cover on that one for sure! I really love the ABC #1 cover too…it just really pops to me. I may need to find a copy of that one day. 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:17 AM, Courageous Cat said:

well, it is a bit eccentric, but whatever floats your boat. Good taste though as the ABC, exciting series doesn't get the respect it deserves. I just picked this up and would love to read a hardback collection. Folks be missing out!

s-l1600.jpg

Very nice! Really wish someone would reprint all of these in a nice trade or hardback edition!