• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Captain Marvel #26
3 3

9 posts in this topic

As promised, here is my copy of Captain Marvel #26. Please note: In the 3rd picture, it looks like there is a tear in the bottom left part of the cover. It is not a tear and is actually a defect (manufacturing or what not). Checked inside the cover and saw no tear whatsoever. Should I C&P or no?

IMG_3624.JPG

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3628.JPG

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

Edited by MrRoboto

My answer to C&P (unless the books is likely to be damaged) is yes given I'm still not sure what counts as a "finger bend". I think I might see some slight indentions on the back cover that could find the press useful. Easily a 9.0, maybe a 9.4. I think we're hard pressed without handling a high grade book to be more accurate than that. I will finish editing my photos of this book later and post it tonight for comparison. I think you might have me beat on account of one minor ding on mine.

Edited by scburdet

About an 8.0 as is.

C&P if you plan on submitting. Otherwise why bother unless the defects bug you. It'll look just the same within a Mylites 2. 

(That being said I recently pressed a 4.0 that probably remained a 4.0. Some defects bothered me and I knew it'd approve the appearance of the book even within plastic.)

It'll likely get to a 9.0/9.2 with a C&P.

Thanks for posting.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:43 PM, scburdet said:

My answer to C&P (unless the books is likely to be damaged) is yes given I'm still not sure what counts as a "finger bend". I think I might see some slight indentions on the back cover that could find the press useful. Easily a 9.0, maybe a 9.4. I think we're hard pressed without handling a high grade book to be more accurate than that. I will finish editing my photos of this book later and post it tonight for comparison. I think you might have me beat on account of one minor ding on mine.

Abort! Abort! I concede this Captain Marvel 26 comparison competition. I was working on my photos and noticed a water stain that escaped notice on my initial screening. Until I can confirm my C&Per has luck with water stains, or find someone who does, this one will be relegated to the pile of shame. I tip my cap and slink out the back door to fight another day.