• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta Comic Con, Nov. 20

11 posts in this topic

This should be in the Comic Events forum.

And from what I hear, the Dragon Con in Atlanta should be avoided at all costs (I don't know if this is the same event).

The Dragon Con was a month or two ago. This is different.

And from what I hear, the Dragon Con in Atlanta should be avoided at all costs (I don't know if this is the same event).

What did you hear re this event? Not enough GA and SA dealers?

Everyone in the SouthEast that has attended DragonCon (drbanner and others) say it's just a plain weak comic event--more of an entertainment media event.

What did you hear re this event? Not enough GA and SA dealers?

Everyone in the SouthEast that has attended DragonCon (drbanner and others) say it's just a plain weak comic event--more of an entertainment media event.

That's because from what I've heard about DragonCon, after moving to this area, is that DragonCon is not a comic event.

I'm trying to talk about the ComicCon this month, which is separate from DragonCon.

the show this month is the one Wes Tillander has been putting on for well over 10 years at least -- he puts on probable 4 shows a year -- Heroes and Dragons from South Carolina , Shelton Drum from Charlotte who runs heroes-con , Earl Shaw and 20 or so other dealers from all over the southeast and mid-west -- a good mix of golden age to modern -- usually draws maybe 400-500. which isnt bad for a one day .................... sign-rantpost.gif...... and dont even mention Dragon-Con -AKA- skanks in chainmail-con ... if you need dragon figurines , swords ,costumes or wear a latex Klingon forehead and/or foreskin then it might just be the con for you -- definately not a comic convention -- they might make up maybe 15-20% of the show -- ok I`m calming down now -- .............

Well, regardless, I think I'm gonna go check out Atlanta ComicCon, to see if I can fill in the gaps on some modern runs. Maybe try to find some good deals on some bronze keys. But I'll definitely be going into it not expecting too much. smile.gif Will you be there BigMike?

I'm trying to talk about the ComicCon this month, which is separate from DragonCon.

DragonCon USED TO be a comic con event. Let us know how comic centric this event is. I've resigned myself that any comic cons I attend will be the top 3. The local events are pretty funny--and not in a good way.