• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No USPS Registered Mail Option
4 4

111 posts in this topic

Yeah this is ridiculous!  Why can't we choose which shipping company to have our books shipped back to us.  We are paying for the shipping fees, so we should also have the decision on which one we want..  This just makes me want to :deadhorse: today

On 9/8/2022 at 3:25 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah this is ridiculous!  Why can't we choose which shipping company to have our books shipped back to us.  We are paying for the shipping fees, so we should also have the decision on which one we want..  This just makes me want to :deadhorse: today

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, it is obvious that CGC made this decision based on putting Benjamins in their pocket ... and that always trumps logic with them.

@CGC Mike I got a second package on Wednesday, and the same thing; FedEx doesn't bother to obtain a signature, and just drops the package. Also, with both shipments, the box was in rougher shape than when I typically get boxes back from CGC via USPS. On both of them, the tape at the bottom of the box has been broken (one of them on both sides of the bottom), and the interior cardboard protection is crunched up a bit. Fortunately there's no damage to the books or the slabs, but it's obvious from the condition of the boxes that FedEx is not treating them as well as USPS did. I imagine the number of books that suffer from "Shaken Comic Syndrome" is going to rise, with the way FedEx is handling the packages.

IMG_7694.thumb.jpg.e685fe6911c357af4162d57af5cb7af5.jpgIMG_7690.thumb.jpg.af0cee75713015dc813328ee1e232457.jpg

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

Does CGC have an arrangement that waives the FedEx $1,000 maximum on collectibles? FedEx will happily take your money for high insurance coverage, but if you file a claim, the maximum is $1,000 for "collectibles."

FedEx Declared Value $1,000 Limitations

Individual packages with the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of $1,000:

1. Artwork, paintings, drawings, vases, limited-edition prints, fine art, statuary, sculpture, and collector’s items
  2. Any film, photographic images, negatives, chromes, and slides
  3. Any commodity inherently susceptible to damage or the market value is variable or difficult to ascertain
  4. Antiques, furniture, tableware, and glassware
  5. Plasma screens
  6. Jewelry or Furs
  7. Precious metals (gold, silver, or platinum)
  8. Stocks, bonds, cash letters, or cash equivalents (stamps, traveler’s checks, lottery tickets, money orders, gift cards)
  9. Collector’s items (coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs, and memorabilia)

On 9/16/2022 at 3:02 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Does CGC have an arrangement that waives the FedEx $1,000 maximum on collectibles? FedEx will happily take your money for high insurance coverage, but if you file a claim, the maximum is $1,000 for "collectibles."

FedEx Declared Value $1,000 Limitations

Individual packages with the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of $1,000:

1. Artwork, paintings, drawings, vases, limited-edition prints, fine art, statuary, sculpture, and collector’s items
  2. Any film, photographic images, negatives, chromes, and slides
  3. Any commodity inherently susceptible to damage or the market value is variable or difficult to ascertain
  4. Antiques, furniture, tableware, and glassware
  5. Plasma screens
  6. Jewelry or Furs
  7. Precious metals (gold, silver, or platinum)
  8. Stocks, bonds, cash letters, or cash equivalents (stamps, traveler’s checks, lottery tickets, money orders, gift cards)
  9. Collector’s items (coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs, and memorabilia)

"insurance coverage of up to $50,000 per package procured by CGC." it could be another provider of insurance https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10238/return-shipping-updates/

• Administrator
On 9/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

@CGC Mike I got a second package on Wednesday, and the same thing; FedEx doesn't bother to obtain a signature, and just drops the package. Also, with both shipments, the box was in rougher shape than when I typically get boxes back from CGC via USPS. On both of them, the tape at the bottom of the box has been broken (one of them on both sides of the bottom), and the interior cardboard protection is crunched up a bit. Fortunately there's no damage to the books or the slabs, but it's obvious from the condition of the boxes that FedEx is not treating them as well as USPS did. I imagine the number of books that suffer from "Shaken Comic Syndrome" is going to rise, with the way FedEx is handling the packages.

I am sorry to hear that this happened.  Unfortunately, I have no control on the current shipping arrangements.  Although airing your concerns here is the best way to try and promote change.  

On 9/16/2022 at 8:24 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry to hear that this happened.  Unfortunately, I have no control on the current shipping arrangements.  Although airing your concerns here is the best way to try and promote change.  

Thanks. I'm really not sure who needs to be aware of this, but if you should know and give them a heads-up, I would really appreciate it.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

IMG_7694.thumb.jpg.e685fe6911c357af4162d57af5cb7af5.jpgIMG_7690.thumb.jpg.af0cee75713015dc813328ee1e232457.jpg

The last three 25 comic book-sized boxes that I have received have had the tape on the bottom of the box broken off at both ends. Other than that, the boxes have been fine. Of course, that is more than enough because if the tape were to give the comic books would ... I'd rather not write it.

The first two boxes were shipped via USPS and, as always in my experience, very carefully handled. Thus, it may be that the tape CGC is using is not of the finest quality. Prior to 2022, this did not occur on the boxes I received. Of course, previously CGC also used larger 25 comic book-sized boxes that offered more protection.

Speaking of tape...  Below are 3 images of an Earthway spreader delivered to me in April 2021 by FedEx.  Surprisingly, when I opened the "box" the spreader was broken!!  B|  Earthway shipped me another spreader, and I used the 2nd shipping box to return the pieces of the 1st spreader.  I took the pictures for Earthway's benefit, but they never asked to see them.

UUZmWYi.jpg

ON7kGim.jpg

QVhFH6i.jpg