• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-Link and Heritage auctions a flop tonight?
4 4

50 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, Rick2you2 said:

But since you presumably didn’t buy it to flip, price doesn’t matter anyway.

I think this is always the most important line in any price evaluation.  I have pages that absent the sheriff coming to seize my house, I'm not letting go of.  Whether I spent $1 or $1,000,000 it doesn't matter what I paid, as long as its a page I want in my collection.  

On 7/15/2022 at 8:53 AM, Buzzetta said:

So then I ask the crowd to evaluate my purchase and to be honest.

I am more of a DC guy, but I love this page for that panel 4 Spider-Man image alone. The overlap of the leg into the top panel is a great touch. If I were a Spider-Man collector, I think I would consider that a solid buy.

So then I ask the crowd to evaluate my purchase and to be honest.  I mostly lurk here and learn in the art section. I never know if I underpaid or overpaid.  I had picked up the Michael Walsh Spider-man page for $804 + tax and shipping from PP Spectacular Spider-man 6 (whatever series.)

Appeal was the retelling of part of Spider-man's origin as a Spider-man collector. 

RAD7D1BF202261_111330.thumb.jpg.7a8a1241e9861786dcb54517ef1ec9c7.jpg

I bid (& lost) on this one.  It's got good appeal for me!

So then I ask the crowd to evaluate my purchase and to be honest.  I mostly lurk here and learn in the art section. I never know if I underpaid or overpaid.  I had picked up the Michael Walsh Spider-man page for $804 + tax and shipping from PP Spectacular Spider-man 6 (whatever series.)

Appeal was the retelling of part of Spider-man's origin as a Spider-man collector. 

RAD7D1BF202261_111330.thumb.jpg.7a8a1241e9861786dcb54517ef1ec9c7.jpg

Michael Walsh sells his pages on his website on average for $200-$250. I’d say given the content and Spidey, that’s pretty fmv, esp. if that was an auction win. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, MOStateSuperman said:

I am more of a DC guy, but I love this page for that panel 4 Spider-Man image alone. The overlap of the leg into the top panel is a great touch. If I were a Spider-Man collector, I think I would consider that a solid buy.

The leg is a nice touch, and I like the first panel, but how did Spider-man’s eye socket in panel 3 scrunch up like that?

On 7/15/2022 at 12:48 PM, Rick2you2 said:

The leg is a nice touch, and I like the first panel, but how did Spider-man’s eye socket in panel 3 scrunch up like that?

I actually have a whole jam piece full of "Spider-Man emotes despite his mask." It's the same way Iron Man can look worried. Comic book magic! 

image.jpeg.e7b610bb62e683ae0c4ead8befd831cd.jpeg

On 7/15/2022 at 1:48 PM, Rick2you2 said:

It's to convey and incredulous look of disbelief toward JJJ in the context of their conversation.  Now, how does he physically do it?  (shrug)

RCO009_1583420232.thumb.jpg.5dbc3755a55640f4c2f1bef3be0f458f.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/15/2022 at 3:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

It's to convey and incredulous look of disbelief toward JJJ in the context of their conversation.  Now, how does he physically do it?  (shrug)

Ever thought about becoming the straight man on a comedy duo team? I think you've got the talent for it.