• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest graded copy of 2000 AD Prog #2 CGC 9.0!!! First Judge Dredd!!!
4 4

64 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2023 at 6:25 PM, Drokkit said:

Again, it's hard to say yet. There are only three graded copies listed so far but plenty of ungraded ones out there, most in VG condition at best. Dredd only appeared as an advert in prog 1 (below) and prices for ungraded copies are lower than prog 2. Prog 1 came with a plastic 'space spinner' which, I understand, can not be encapsulated with the comic like prog 2's biotronic stickers. The spinner came taped to the front of the comic and taking it off to chuck around the garden usually caused damage in the form of ink removal, tape reside or a tear; I can only recall ever seeing one copy for sale that seemed to be unmarked. Sadly, I didn't buy it :facepalm:

Judge_Dredd_advert_in_1977.jpg

Prog 1 is a major key for any Judge Dredd collector for being the first issue of the longest, continuous, and still published Bronze Age title. It’s also the “Gobbledygook 1” for Dredd fans for Dredd’s panel that you posted. Try finding a nice copy of Prog 1 with the “Space Spinner.” Classic!

Actually guys PGX was the first ones to grade the entire 2000ad collection from issue number one to 150 I know this because I'm the one who did it and we did it in 2021 before cgc I'm the one who talked to cgc president and he wasn't interested at the time he said the machine would cost a lot of money and then I told him you're a very rich company I think you guys can afford it and then after I did it with PGX there you go cgc  then followed so know that is not the first graded copy of this title or the highest graded copy just to let you guys in on a little secret the ones with PGX were a prototypes they did not have an outside holder.i can also prove this.many were sold on eBay to a gentleman in California..also one of the larger shops in the UK comic biz was made aware of this before it even happened so there is many witnesses guys just to let you know I was the culprit behind all this as they say in the UK

Edited by Comic gypsy

Actually guys PGX was the first ones to grade the entire 2080 collection from issue number one to 150 I know this because I'm the one who did it and we did it in 2021 before cgc I'm the one who talked to cgc president and he wasn't interested at the time he said the machine would cost a lot of money and then I told him you're a very rich company I think you guys can afford it and then after I did it with PGX there you go cgc so know that is not the first graded copy of this title or the highest credit copy just to let you guys in on a little secret the ones with PGX were a prototypes they did not have an outside holder the comic biz store in the UK was made aware of this before it even happened also the head of the judges read 2000 ad fan club on Facebook was made aware of this and received many pictures of this so gentleman as they call me in the UK I am the culprit behind pushing the issue degrades books because nobody was interested until I said something and pushed it and did it with PGX then of course cgc is going to follow and did . I definitely will take credit for this

On 7/14/2022 at 7:02 PM, jaja-mon12 said:

Hey All :cool:,

I just wanted to share this highest graded copy on the CGC census (1 other copy as well) of one of the most iconic cult figures in the past 40+ years!!! 'The Dude with the 'tude!!! I got this back a few weeks ago. Enjoy my friends!!!:wink:

EC19A962-85B7-4A12-B322-1B2B7F5FF211.jpeg

5C67D749-EEED-498C-817E-A543979A7A72.jpeg

It's a wonderful copy I love the title but I actually graded the first collection of these prog number one through 150 with PGX about a year before this one they were prototypes no outer holder but they were all graded lol I'm the one who originally spoke to cgc about doing the title they said the machine was very expensive and they had to make sure that they had a clientele for it I guess after they seen somebody do it with PGX they wanted to get on board a lot of the guys in the UK know about this