• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipment Received - New Damage to comic inside holder - Raphael 1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received one of my submissions back and there are some issues with the final product. There is what appears to be a piece of white sticker on the front which was not there when submitted.  It could not have been on the comic when graded as it would have brought grade down and appeared on notes. I will attach a picture.

Additionally the printed paper/comic identifier is very crooked and the sleeve seems to be somewhat loose and not completely glued together (can feel movement and hear creeking when lightly squeezed). Is this normal for these oversized/magazine holders? 

I am surprised this would have passed quality control.

Order #CGC2345006654

Submission #4067435

Thanks,

Justin

IMG_7968.jpg

• Administrator

Hello Justin,

Thank you for your message. You can return this to us using our Mechanical Error Submission Form to have this book reholdered at no charge. As a note, the magazine holders are all open on the sides. Also, the label information is often not perfectly straight. This is considered normal and acceptable with magazine holders. Feel free to follow the steps below to have the book returned. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

1. Log into your account online at www.cgccomics.com (you will have to be at least a free member to access the forms)

2. Click on the My CGC logo in the top right-hand corner and then go down to My Submissions

image.png

3.  Scroll down to the Submission forms and click on the online form.

4. Click on "Start New order"

image.png

5.Select the type of submission (comic, magazine, poster, etc.)

6. Then select Mail in/show drop off

image.png

7. Then select Mechanical Error under "Special/Return Services:

image.png

8. From there just follow the instructions to add your book information and complete the rest of the form

*Please note if you are an international customer, you will need to contact customer service to obtain an international pre-paid shipping label*

Please write ME in bold, clear lettering on ALL sides of your box.

Thanks but this more than a mechanical error.  Will the damage to comic be repaired? This sticker/white out whatever it is was not on the comic when submitted, furthermore it was not noted in the grading, will it be removed if I submit it this way, is there somewhere to make note of this?  Is return shipping to CGS Covered by CGS?

Thanks,

Justin

Hopefully it's debris outside the inner well and not what you fear....  When I return slabs with Mechanical errors, I take a sharpie and circle the problem area. That way the ME crowd won't miss it. CGC pays the shipping both ways. If you haven't done the paperwork yet, at the end you'll add shipping info and download a shipping label on their dime.

• Administrator
On 7/18/2022 at 12:24 PM, jg44 said:

Thanks but this more than a mechanical error.  Will the damage to comic be repaired? This sticker/white out whatever it is was not on the comic when submitted, furthermore it was not noted in the grading, will it be removed if I submit it this way, is there somewhere to make note of this?  Is return shipping to CGS Covered by CGS?

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I have been out of the office for the last week. This does not look like it is a sticker on the book but is instead debris on the outside of the inner well. We will cover the shipping for this to be returned and shipped back to you as @jokiing stated. If you have any other questions feel free to send us an email at submissions@cgccomics.com.