• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Protocol for Noting Cover Artists

3 posts in this topic

I have a number of CGC books with no cover artist noted on the label. I have seen even very minor cover artists noted the label in recent years (unlike in the old-label days when only sought-after cover artists were noted).

For books slabbed during the last few five years or so, I had always assumed that CGC didn't know who the cover artist was if no cover artist was noted on the label because I had been seeing little-known artists listed.

However, I noticed this book on eBay, and the cover is signed RubiMor (Ruben Moreira), so there's no question about who drew the cover, yet no cover artist is noted. 

Could you please clarify the guidelines for whether the cover artist (and interior artists) will be noted on the label? The book in the picture was slabbed in 2020.

hit.PNG

• Administrator

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. This is an excellent question! We do add the artist to the labels; however, it is mainly at the Grader's discretion if it is added. If you would like to have the artist added to your book it would need to be submitted as a Reholder and request it for the book in question.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:17 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. This is an excellent question! We do add the artist to the labels; however, it is mainly at the Grader's discretion if it is added. If you would like to have the artist added to your book it would need to be submitted as a Reholder and request it for the book in question.

Thank you for the quick response.