• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 176 -- Grade is in
2 2

10 posts in this topic

9.0-9.2. Top corners look a little blunted. Top edge appears to have something that looks a little white. Hard to do much better with the ≥9 books based on photos since so many little defects don't show up very well.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, Engr62 said:

The grade is in from CGC.  I'll post a pic when I get it back (still says shipping). Still time to guess the grade.

My (limited) experience is that the shipping out of Sarasota is managed by these guys. Takes like 3-5 days to start heading out of Florida. I've been looking at a book sitting in GEI for over a week now. First time something turned over to that status and didn't get pushed forward within 48 h. Not sure if that's typical or if the postal people have taken those open jobs at CGC.

bunny lol GIF by Disney

The book finally arrived today.  I thought it would get 9.4 with a chance at 9.6, so the 9.8 is really surprising--as it will be to those who offered grades since no one went higher than 9.4.  Unfortunately, it was only in my possession for about 2 hours because I noticed a 3/4" x 1/4" piece of plastic on the back between the inner well and slab.  It's already on its way back to CGC to be reholdered.  I own about 80 graded comics (98% are CGC), and this is the first comic I've ever sent to be graded--all others were purchased over the years already slabbed.  So it's really disappointing to have to send this first one back to be reholdered.  Also, when I submitted the book, I chose FedEx ground ($18) for return shipping.  Instead, CGC sent it USPS Priority with signature verification and charged me $35 for that--and it took from 7/21 until 7/27 go go from Sarasota, FL to East Tennessee.  They are supposed to refund the difference ($17).

FF176CGC98.thumb.jpg.a2a7de72edd4637cb3482676626008b2.jpg

ff176backplastic.thumb.png.45e67f4563a82355a05a1eea52fe257e.png

Edited by Engr62