• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adventures of the Fly #4 (first published work of Neal Adams)
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Overall a good copy. Flat and intact. There are too small tears on the bottom of the back cover. 

Let me know your thoughts on the grade, and one after a press/clean. I'm considering getting it graded. Only 61 on the CGC census with 23 being universal.

Thanks you!

AdventuresOfFly4_001.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_002.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_003.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_004.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_005.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_006.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_007.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_008.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_009.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_010.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_011.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_012.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_013.JPG

AdventuresOfFly4_014.JPG

4.0. Every time I want to bump it up, I find another little defect that keeps it there. I'm always a little shocked by how "affordable" some of these old books are. They all should get a few hundred dollar bump for just making it 60 years. I'm pro-encapsulation to protect these old books. Based on a few ebay sells, you might get it done economy tier, which isn't a huge investment.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:06 PM, scburdet said:

4.0. Every time I want to bump it up, I find another little defect that keeps it there. I'm always a little shocked by how "affordable" some of these old books are. They all should get a few hundred dollar bump for just making it 60 years. I'm pro-encapsulation to protect these old books. Based on a few ebay sells, you might get it done economy tier, which isn't a huge investment.

I agree. Just on the principle that this was a 10 cent comic:)

4 to 4.5 also

Question: is that the first double-page spread in comics? Even though the artist did not make the most of the extra real estate ;-)

I am guessing someone will come up with an earlier example, but 1960 is pretty early.

On 7/21/2022 at 9:43 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

4 to 4.5 also

Question: is that the first double-page spread in comics? Even though the artist did not make the most of the extra real estate ;-)

I am guessing someone will come up with an earlier example, but 1960 is pretty early.

i'm not sure which is the first, but this one is sure a nice double-spread.