• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncle Sam Quarterly #3
3 3

13 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, Bayowolf said:

Where is this crease? I see chips out of bottom, some sun shadow but overall pretty good! Also what is back like?

There is more leeway for Golden Age books so could be VF- at least FN/VF

I'm guessing the crease is in the upper right corner?

Yeah, need back cover pics.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:02 PM, Bayowolf said:

Where is this crease? I see chips out of bottom, some sun shadow but overall pretty good! Also what is back like?

There is more leeway for Golden Age books so could be VF- at least FN/VF

Looks like a crease upper right corner, could be wrong. I don't have a scan of the back unfortunately. Can post once I receive the book. 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:36 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Looks like a crease upper right corner, could be wrong. I don't have a scan of the back unfortunately. Can post once I receive the book. 

Please do.

It's going to be on that VF/FN cusp. It's biggest defect to my eyes is the color rub along the spine. It may keep it in the FN range.

Nice book regardless.

On 8/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, scburdet said:

Can you get to VF- with the tears on the back cover? IDK. I would go lower, but the grading contest has shown me that I should add 1.5-2.0 points on top of whatever It think the grade is, so I have no idea anymore.

I believe VF- allows for 1" interior tear but I could be wrong.