• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 252
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. First post so I hope I get this right. Purchased this online recently, but seller neglected to mention or show any of the imperfections on the back. There are some weird scuff marks in top left corner, and some other indentations, as well as two minor color breaking creases. The book presents beautifully, but I'm just not sure what this would grade at. Any help would be much appreciated!

IMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

You did well with the post. Welcome to the loony bin.

From the front you have something that is near 9.0. The outer corners are blunted so that would keep it on the lower end of high grades. You are correct that the back is going to be the issue. I'm interested to hear other opinions b/c I have several SM books (not post yet) that look pretty great from the front and have some rear cover stress marks that are moderate in number and degree. That includes my entire run of McFarlane issues that I also bought online, but since it was >20 years ago I've long since forgotten if it was disclosed. Kind of typical for some sellers to sweep easily hidden defects under the rug.

I think the rear cover damage here knocks you down to an 8.0, hopefully not worse. It would be less bad if the ad wasn't a dark color. I would call this a good example of "buy the book not the grade". Slabbed or not, this would look great in a collection and most of us spend less than a microsecond looking at Atari 2600 ads from the 80s that make a game look a lot more fun than it actually was.