• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to organize my comics in BCW boxes?

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

So I'm pretty new to collecting physical comics, and so far I have 69 (haha I know funny number) wildly different books. Some DC, some Marvel, some Image. Some are Batman, some are Spiderman, some are Avengers, some are Justice League, some are Warlock, and some... well, you get the picture. 
I currently have 3 BCW shortboxes in order to prep and have enough space to begin storing.

The question I've encountered though, is how should I start storing them? I don't want to just group them all together now then have to dentangle them later. 
Should I go alphabetically? Should I go by publisher? By character? 

What do you guys reccomend?

Hello!

I believe you should arrange your comics in whatever way will be easiest for you when you want to locate a specific issue in the future.

Imagine that instead of 3 boxes you have 300. Now imagine in 30 years there is a single issue you want to find, but you haven't thought about your comic books in 30 years either. When you look across your 300 boxes in 30 years, what system will you be hoping or wishing you had used so that you can easily find the issue you now seek?

Edited by KirbyTown

I'd keep the Image in one box and DC in a box to its's right and Marvel in a box to the left. Or vice versa. The important thing is to keep your Marvels as far away from your DCs as possible.

And never read them after midnight.

I'd skip the BCW boxes and order drawerboxes.  They are a one and done purchase.

Edited by shadroch

On 7/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, shadroch said:

I'd keep the Image in one box and DC in a box to its's right and Marvel in a box to the left. Or vice versa. The important thing is to keep your Marvels as far away from your DCs as possible.

And never read them after midnight.

I'd skip the BCW boxes and order drawerboxes.  They are a one and done purchase.

And just get mylites and fullbacks.  Also, one and done.  I'm regretting that i'll have to re-bag/board my collection shortly and kinda wish I had just spent the money on mylite/fullbacks to begin with.  It seemed the more expensive option then, but turns out, it's the cheaper option long term.

And to answer the question, I organize by publisher => era => alphabetical with tie-ins getting mixed in with the event/character they're associated with.  To make things easy, add a table of contents to each box so you know what's where.