• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Summer Edition (#3) Round 1
17 17

216 posts in this topic

Can't wait to see how the CGC guesses compare to G.A.E. standards this time around; I'm hoping they've improved a bit since spring.  I thought they were improving some in Round 2 and Round 3 of the spring contest, only to see them revert back to their more "creative" grading in Round 4.

I'm rooting for you, CGC!

On 7/27/2022 at 2:09 PM, Axe Elf said:

Can't wait to see how the CGC guesses compare to G.A.E. standards this time around; I'm hoping they've improved a bit since spring.  I thought they were improving some in Round 2 and Round 3 of the spring contest, only to see them revert back to their more "creative" grading in Round 4.

I'm rooting for you, CGC!

You would tell Picasso he's not painting like Picasso and you need to 'teach' him.
CGC created the grading standards fyi.  This is a contest to see how close we can get to the CGC grades.
Didnt you get the memo?

Trashing CGCs grading in a contest held by them with prizes donated by them is a real faux pas.  Youre like the guy that shows up at a party, starts gobbling the food and trashing the host.

• Administrator
On 7/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, Kramerica said:

My grades are in but I didn't receive aknowledgment so I am nervous!

It's possible that I won't have everyone's grades entered into the spreadsheet but, if anyone has sent them before the deadline, you have nothing to worry about.  I will close the round at 8:00 Eastern time.  The reveal of the CGC grades will be posted minutes after that then, I will post the graders notes.  Shortly after that, I will post round 2.  The results thread will not be posted until tomorrow around 12:30 PM.  That's my best guess.

• Administrator

Adventure #37

Chews bottom of spine of several wraps

Piece out bottom spine

Subscription crease front cover

Spine of cover completely split and cover detached

Shocking Mystery #50

Multiple tear spine

Stain top of back cover

Crease and multiple chips out right bottom of front cover

Moderate spine roll

Green Lantern #1