• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales to Astonish 90
3 3

16 posts in this topic

There's always been a bit of nostalgia with Abomination b/c we had the Power Records book/45 vinyl that was a reprint of Hulk 171.

Nice book. Has a date stamp in the "H". Little bit of internal page overhang or whatever you call the pages not being stacked perfectly

TAston90.jpg

TAston90-a.jpg

TAston90-b.jpg

TAston90-c.jpg

TAston90-d.jpg

TAston90-e.jpg

TAston90-f.jpg

The overhang could be spine roll and/or misalignment from production, or a bad cut.  Sometimes a press can fix it, sometimes not.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:39 AM, Galen130 said:

Sometimes a press can fix it, sometimes not

Do you press things, or just have experience sending books. My untrained view is that the misalignment in this one will not be helped. I do have another book to share that I'd like a "presser" to give me their expert opinion.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:18 AM, scburdet said:

Do you press things, or just have experience sending books. My untrained view is that the misalignment in this one will not be helped. I do have another book to share that I'd like a "presser" to give me their expert opinion.

I was just giving examples of why the pages could look like that.  Your copy looks like a combo of misalignment and improper production cut...IMO.

Is that a crease starting at the A for APR in the price box that goes down past Sub-Mariners right arm, or is it just the light reflecting? The colors on this book looks great, if it's not a crease I'd say 8.0. Maybe 7.0 if it's a crease.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, Mars76 said:

crease

(shrug)  I hadn't looked at this book since originally posting the photos, and didn't expect it to be on the pull list when I showed up today. My guy has a strategy when he picks books that's not exclusively based on taking the highest value books first. I have reasonably high grade ASM101 & Dr Strange 169 still waiting in the wings for example. I do know that if I put something Star Wars in the box, it has a better than average chance of being picked xD

On 3/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, Mars76 said:

crease

I found that this book was actually still in the box when I went through it restocking today, so not on it's way to CGC. I was therefore able to reexamine. There is a bend here, with a short section that breaks color

Edited by scburdet