• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 113 super Faded or Color Defect
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So I have this copy of X-MEN 113 which I always assumed was very faded but the more I ook at the FC ot looks like there is no red whatsoever on the cover, some pink and some orange but no red.

Now I may just lack the knowledge on how books fade and maybe red is the first color to fade away, but figured I see what you guys thought.

20220721_210904.thumb.jpg.73dda54d75dcb2b4dc43b737b864350a.jpg20220721_210912.thumb.jpg.e6c2d87a65d02e71839606bc13f36a52.jpg

20220721_210929.thumb.jpg.1cfcd7b86df10fa73b76e0057cdedeee.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 11:39 PM, OtherEric said:

Fade.  If you look at the lower right corner of the cover, something was covering it and the red is still there.

Yeah I think I was trying to convince myself this was something cool rather than fade:nyah:.

The complete lack of red in magneto gave me pause. I saw the corner and you mentioned, probably where a price sticker was for a millennia, but decided to ask and hope against logic.:insane:

On 7/22/2022 at 6:02 AM, Lurker89 said:

Yeah I think I was trying to convince myself this was something cool rather than fade:nyah:.

The complete lack of red in magneto gave me pause. I saw the corner and you mentioned, probably where a price sticker was for a millennia, but decided to ask and hope against logic.:insane:

I get the impulse.  I think sometimes fade is actually easier to detect when you DON'T have the book in hand and are just looking at pictures, because it just looks so odd and the book seems to be in good shape otherwise.  It's very easy to get a "that can't be the problem" sense when you have it in hand.