• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isom#1 Rippaverse
1 1

202 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Very true. The bundles could be spiking it, for sure. I mean, we’ll probably never know either way - and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m not going to open the books of my business just to prove something to someone, I wouldn’t expect him to do it, either.

Agreed......we'll probably never know for sure.

But after what we just witnessed with a ridiculous plastic covered reprint.....the people waiting in line to spend $75 on it......the tiny controversy it caused.......and the graded copies selling immediately on eBay for hundreds and even thousands of dollars......it would take a lot more than this to surprise me or make me question it.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, Domo Arigato said:

When I can pick up copies for less than they are going for in his campaign, I am going to buy one copy in the name of each person in here that indicated they were against it.  You haven't done that, but I will buy an additional copy in your honor as well.  Unfortunately, I'm going to put them all into my own collections, so I can pull them out and smile as I remember all of the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and screeching they caused from people that were free to simply not buy them. :cloud9:

I don't know why you think that anyone would care about what comics you buy with your money.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:16 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't know why you think that anyone would care about what comics you buy with your money.

You mean other than this thread full of people commenting about a comic that other people are buying with their money?

On 9/9/2022 at 2:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The typo wasn't massive.  I was referring to your hubris....which you obviously can't see.

P.S. You misspelled "I'm sorry, Domo.  You're right and we all make mistakes, including me.  I should have known pointing yours out was going to make me look like a jackwagon.  I'll do better from now on".  

Not judging......just trying ot teach a man how to fish. 

...says someone on a hook.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:17 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You mean other than this thread full of people commenting about a comic that other people are buying with their money?

There are plenty of people commenting that they don't think it's worth *their* money (or aren't sure. There are absolutely no messages from anyone indicating they're opposed to anyone spending their own money on the book. (They might think it's a waste, but that's not the same thing.) But I don't think that makes a difference, as I don't believe for a second that you actually intended to buy extra copies for that reason anyway.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:33 PM, Prince Namor said:

Yeah. And generally speaking, a lot of people here would've never noticed it or had a reason to give their view point about it.

And then a couple of people started a thread to try and say 'its hot!' to help it get more support and... there ya go. Game on.

If the Klan has secret meetings that you never know about, you may not say anything, because you don't know it's happening. They're entertaining themselves. You're unaware.

But if they march down the Main Street of your home town, they might get some tomatoes thrown at them. 

Fun fact!: I revived this thread with a question about the comics experience of the driving force behind it. Before that, there had been no comments for a month. That should be an indication of how much enthusiasm there is about the comic itself.

On 9/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, Dr. Balls said:

My biggest take-away from Claremont's run on X-Men is that he spoke of the difficulties of those who were "different" in a unique, fictional way - allowing the reader to see and understand the side of the "different" people and come to their own conclusions, empathies and sympathies. To me, that's the ultimate form of creative expression - allowing others to come to the conclusion of your point on their own terms, in their own way, but without you hitting them over the head with it. I miss those days.

I read a good run of Claremont's run on X-Men many years ago, around the time when I was in college. 2 takeways from that:

* When you binge read a monthly book in a short period of time, you get the impression that the X-Men were a bunch of serious whiners, as in pretty much every issue, someone (in my memory, Rogue played this role more than the others) decries the fact that they're a group that the world "hates and fears." But of course, in those times, before collections were a regular thing, *every* issue was someone's first, and Claremont was just outlining what the book was about for the new readers.

• Yes, it was all about prejudice. And that SO MANY PEOPLE do not understand that explains why some writers have chosen to make the message more explicit in their books. But I guess there are some people that are never going to be open to the message in the books that they claim to enjoy.

Many, if not most of the most creative people I know would not exist in a rippoff universe. Who will design the costumes? A world without LGBT people would be dull, and not a place I'd chose to live. 

I wonder how much more successful the fund raiser would have been if they promised a world of only white males?

On 9/10/2022 at 10:08 AM, shadroch said:

Many, if not most of the most creative people I know would not exist in a rippoff universe. Who will design the costumes? A world without LGBT people would be dull, and not a place I'd chose to live. 

I wonder how much more successful the fund raiser would have been if they promised a world of only white males?

Dunno

You should make a thread about it

I got a fulfillment update via email.

"🚨  RIPPAVERSE UPDATE   🚨 

Hello Rippaverse Supporter,

Thank you for your continued support and patience with us as we grow through this first campaign.

GO TIME is right around the corner!

Within the next two weeks, fulfillment will begin as the last books arrive in the warehouse and are signed by Eric. Our productivity should be a minimum of 4,000+ shipments sent out per day.

Thank you all again for your support. We can't wait to get these books into your hands!"

On 9/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Ok, I had to LOL at your new signature. Well played, sir.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:40 AM, Darin Wagner said:

I got myself a copy pre-ordered. Could only get Cover C, not the more iconic Cover A.

Just did the same. I'm interested in the concept and willing to at least try it out. It's interesting how so many people on here are against it and it hasn't even came out yet.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:31 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

Just did the same. I'm interested in the concept and willing to at least try it out. It's interesting how so many people on here are against it and it hasn't even came out yet.

What part of the concept appeals to you? Perhaps I'm missing something, so help a brother out.