• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know the value?

4 posts in this topic

So I’m getting ready to send my first submission of Pokémon cards. But I’m wondering which service is appropriate since I really don’t know what the value of the cards are. Can anyone help? And what if I choose something and the value is more?

very generally, you can get an idea of card values by looking and ebay 'sold' items or using a website called 130point.

If you grossly mis-assign the value of the card, CGC may upcharge you, but they won't get mad or return all your cards ungraded or anything like that.  If you're at or reasonably near the border, they usually just let it pass even if you're a bit over.

Generally, the "value" they are talking about is for (their) insurance purposes (of course you're paying for it), so if your card gets destroyed, how much is it reasonably worth?

hope that helps.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:09 PM, revat said:

very generally, you can get an idea of card values by looking and ebay 'sold' items or using a website called 130point.

If you grossly mis-assign the value of the card, CGC may upcharge you, but they won't get mad or return all your cards ungraded or anything like that.  If you're at or reasonably near the border, they usually just let it pass even if you're a bit over.

Generally, the "value" they are talking about is for (their) insurance purposes (of course you're paying for it), so if your card gets destroyed, how much is it reasonably worth?

hope that helps.

When comparing these cards are you going by the ungraded cost or the graded cost? For instance if I send in a card that sells for $12 raw but I'm hoping its a 10 that sells for $150, would I put the value I'm hoping its worth?

On 7/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, Sqooci said:

When comparing these cards are you going by the ungraded cost or the graded cost? For instance if I send in a card that sells for $12 raw but I'm hoping its a 10 that sells for $150, would I put the value I'm hoping its worth?

You always put the value of the card as is, in its raw condition.